Sign in to follow this  
Evolution

Cooper- Myers Battle !!!!

Well, I have been keeping up with this post and have found it very interesting to say the least. I have never met Mpire but hope to change that at this years state tournament. (Mpire clean out your mailbox, LoL!) I have talked with his boys and they are great young men which tells me their parents did something right in their upbringing. I wish I could see todays match-up because everyone loves a hard faught wrestling match but I don't think its fair to either wrestler to predict a winner or loser because both of them are winners in my book no matter what happens tonight. I watched the video of the match against the Graham kid at least a hundred times and what I saw was this: the Graham kid got the takedown for sure and it was after the ref ruled them out of bounds for sure so the the proper call was "wrestlers out of bounds no takedown"! No one can honestly say that the Graham kid would have succedded in getting the takedown if the ref wouldn't have first called them out of bounds so therefore it was a bogus call that definitely changed the outcome of the match from that point on. Anyone who says any different has a bias in the situation. Mpire I admire you for standing up for your kids, I have kids myself and I would fight to the death for them if I felt they were being done wrong by anyone so I have no problem what-so-ever with your position on here. Anyway that's just one opinion from a wrestling dad who has no connections with anyone on this thread, I am a true outsider! Good luck to both young men tonight you both are great wrestlers and great young men and you both should be proud of your accomplishments I know all of KY is!

Thanks big man hope to meet you as well, and the match was bogus rangers friend jumped up yelled at the ref and he caved and the whole world can see it , all the talk of the kids not seeing the wave off is speculation and I think steph did see it and it doesn't matter if he did or didn't , it was BS and with a score 2 to 2 with steph having the only takedown ,and the choice on the third he still had the edge , no one is going to ride him out for a whole period and he has only been turned once in HS and that was this summer for a quick 2 on a roll through tilt , he had the edge untill that point .

As for me ruining this site , that's kind of funny and a stretch , people bash my kids my wife and most of all me and I bash back but besides all that I talk about wrestling more than anything even if it is 90 % about my kids .

I have Been on this site hundreds of times with no one talking about anything not a peep and started threads or added to others thinking how boring and bad it is no one is on the main site of the state talking up the sport , be it wresing training dieting matches , whatever , I hardly think I ruin a site . Actually ,look up the hits on each thread ,

I am glad some

People are honest and can openly say what they see and think that call was BS and it was used as a tool to drag a kid through the mud and pump up another kid and his schools rep , garbage and I don't care who likes it anyone taking up for it is garbage as well , not many kids have as much into wrestling as Stephen or have given up more for it , not Marrinelli and no not you Ranger or any kid that has ever been at your school and none have ever been under the microscope like him either ,even this thread puts him under the gun like last week and the week before like last yr setting out most of the yr then hitting reg state and nat and getting blasted for placing seventh , an awful lot of devious hateful bad)/):$: out there waiting to pounce on a kid / dad / family /

Fact as ranger likes to put it Is Stephen and Austin has went through more for this sport than any kid any of you will ever know more training more moves more tournys more matches more heat , so don't cry about posts or point any more fingers or dare take up for anyone bashing or cheating him for anything. Ranger your transfers to CC may be looked down on by some and you can stick your cheating friends where the sun don't shine and everyone who don't like it can stick Ranger where the sun don't shine ,

And another thing they are doing a lot more of and that's bringing recognition as well as state titles to their school an state and I think that's a bit of a problem for some , and it's funny my bad rep , I know all the. CC people have had such a huge problem with me lol , we have a blast usually .

Now back to the match , honest question ,

Why the hell is a dual or duals for seeding held at SK and not somewhere else NKAC was at Sk as well , ????????

• Downvote 1

I agree 100% with KYgrappler a few pages back. This site use to have a lot of useful info. Now I can barely even find info regarding where tournaments are or when they start, or what the results were. I wanted to attend the Jefferson County tournament this past weekend and the location and start time could not be found ANYWHERE on this site, not even under the "MASTER SCHEDULE" list. Mpire has killed this site with his garbage and rambling about his kids who everybody already knows are good. All the good posters have been run off.

His post are as enjoyable as a cold sitz bath in an assisted living facility. Give him credit though, he has lasted longer than the Kardashians.

• Upvote 1

The one that knows is being quiet for the first time since I've been on the forums. Mpire will we get to see this? Everyone has been talking about this all year and you are the one that can answer all the questions.

No I can't answer all the questions and I guess I shouldn't have answered yours LOL

Bad day to wrestle ATM

Less than 2 hours away should be fun to watch. We will get to see a lot of great matches.

Mpire is there a ever a good day to wrestle ATM?

These are the kind of matches that need legit media coverage to grow our sport. It's going to be a great dual and the only ones to know are parents, a few friends, and a few bloggers.

Myers 5-2. Great match. Love watching both these guys go and it was a treat tonight. Myers with a sick slide by in the first 10 seconds. Cooper escapes. Cooper goes down. Escapes. 2-2 end of 2. Myers goes down. Cooper lets him up. Myers wrestles a very smart third with copper forcing the action because he's trailing. Stephan Never getting out of position. Gets a stall warning at 30 to go. Cooper tries a desperation throw with 3 left on the clock and gives up two. Very well done! Good luck both guys the rest of the year.

Great match between the two. Fausz is an animal. he dominated the match the entire time. Austin was a little intense but he wanted the guy to wrestle him and he wasn't pushing any action so he showed him a few snaps. Campbell looked great tonight. Saw some areas of improvement that I will recommend tomorrow. I did get the Myers- Cooper match on film as did several others.

Myers 5-2. Great match. Love watching both these guys go and it was a treat tonight. Myers with a sick slide by in the first 10 seconds. Cooper escapes. Copper goes down. Escapes. 2-2 end of 2. Myers goes down. Copper lets him up. Myers wrestles a very smart third with copper forcing the action because he's trailing. Stephan Never getting out of position. Gets a stall warning at 30 to go. Copper tries a desperation throw with 3 left on the clock and gives up two. Very well done! Good luck both guys the rest of the year.

Thanks for the update. Congrats to Stephen! Congrats to both! This is great for the entire state!

Raider , wrong score , but a great match with Steph scoring quickly then Stephen kicking him , Cooper escaping in the second and getting in on a couple but not scoring , then Steph choosing down and Cooper kicki g him and forcing it and Steph pretty much trying to hold him of untill he got a stalling and then attempting a throw that ended out of bounds , then with what looked like both guys spent Cooper tried a lateral , steph side stepped and blocked and got 2 and 2 , ending up 7- 2 ,

Great match Kevin is an awesome wrestler and is in great shape , Stephen is an awesome wrestler but is not in the shape he needs to be in . Jmho

As was stated a takedown could win . No one else in the state can hang with these two and it was funny to hear someone say they were not impressed ,oh well , two studs wrestling their match and being on their level your not going to see throws multiple shots techs and the arsenal that you see when they wrestle average above average or good kids , it was what it was a battle between two state champs , who are real state champs .both are winners.

And Hardy did call stalling that's the call you know when the ref puts his hand in the air and says stalling , action !!!!!and yes Stephen was stalling and attempted a throw right after that when Cooper pressed .

Now awfully strange it was the last match of the night I doubt it happened by coincidence

And there was an awful lot of video cameras in the room , I thought only parents and teams were allowed to video ???????

Funny all the teams that skipped out were there anyway and , Austin wants to know if anyone taped his match he is very upset about why hardy hit him for a point he said he wrestled his match .

Not sure why Sk switched opponents up on him Mueller is Definatly a good 220 and Sk was down to much to try and win by switching , it didn't pay off but I understand , but I wouldn't have risked injury against a much bigger opponent on an almost certain state placer in Mueller ,

One of the reasons I don't want ATM wrestling hvy , 65 lbs is a lot to give up. I would forfeit before I wrestled an inexperienced kid that was too small for hvy . Jmo a whooping is one thing a broken leg neck or back is another , let's be smart coaches !!!!!!

I had the score (excluding the desperation throw), but there was definitely more action than I expected. I thought there would be a lot of feeling each other out, but both guys attacked the first 2 periods. That early slideby is nearly unstoppable. Kevin got in on a couple of good shots, but could not finish. Stephen played it smart in the 3rd, but I think much of that was due more to the pressure from Kevin, as he was really pushing for a score, than Stephen purely stalling out for the win.

I thought they both wrestled smart , steph got off the slide bye and fought of the shots , attempted some trips and knee picks it wouldn't risk an all out shot played it safe in the third till he was warned then tried a throw after getting pressed , Kevin watching the clock wind down tried a throw reminiscent of Stephen and Globkes first match this yr and got caught .

Pretty close match much respect for Kevin he's a great wrestler .

No rest for Stephen he will have Ford from Hillsboro , Jordan Marshall ranked 1 in Ohio D3 at 152 and a stud from Rochester next week at Hammer and Anvil , unreal he has ran into studs almost all yr it seems

ATM gets a D 3 number 1 in Travis Boyd as well .

Big tourny for CC and two brothers in particular .