Sign in to follow this  
Evolution

Cooper- Myers Battle !!!!

I've seen you guys wrestle. Top notch kids. Never seen you argue to many calls though. Not saying that's good or bad, just an observation. My comment wasn't aimed at your post as much as it was to the animosity between u and Mpire. There are obviously problems there.

No speech for me to give my son , he scored first and was wrestling HIS match he knows the sport and actually knows how to prepare for almost any opponent he was trained by very knowledgable coaches , that's why he scored so quickly he knew what was coming and what he would do ,

Had he been scores on with a legit takedown I still would not give him much of a speech as I said he knows that stuff is for youth , he also knew when he got cheated and he still went for it as for time and an escape 36 sec when someone is pushing you out over and over and is good as well is not a lot of time , in the third he escaped an without the two that was b in the second it would have have him the lead but instead Marinelli stalled and when he had little time left he went for it and far up a score on a have to attempt , no speech to be given I don't give every day train harder .

Ist post since my banishment from KY wrestling over a year ago!!! I have followed all the bs on this site and can't stand to stay quiet anymore. I personally could give two shits about graham or ranger and Mpire's fued. I am only concerned with the topic of this thread the match tomorrow night!

I think Myers wins this match easily even if the score seems close. I have seen both of these young men wrestle a few times this year and Cooper has very little effective offense on his feet and bottom has always been his weakness.

Kevin has a right handed high crotch, a pull by, and a right handed "half super duck". He is not going to get any of those on the faster Myers. That being said if Myers does not open up he will not score on his feet and this could be a long match 6 minutes +, with very little scoring.

My match predictions by period.

1st: no takedowns

2nd: escape cooper, no takedowns

3rd: escape myers, no takedowns

sv1: no takedowns,

ot1st 30: escape myers

ot2nd 30: myers rideout

2-1 myers on the rideout

longest most overhyped boring bout of the century!!!!!

Iwin - you are correct. I don't argue a lot. Only the calls that matter and where i feel strongly that a bad call has been made. Something I learned from Coach B.

Sounds like figure4 is on my side = not an exciting bout. Hopefully we are wrong and the crowd gets a show.

A few days ago on ESPN I saw Arizona get by Colorado on a last second shot .. but it didn't count.... saw the packers lose to the Seahawks on a very crazy call..... but after a few days you just have to forget about it and move on......Your sons are the best wrestlers in this great state I've seen in years......... I'm proud of them and I don't even know them. I just love region 6 teams even more when it comes to like big time events......I'll continue to root for them because I consider them NKY kids. Always remember sometimes it's easier to build children than repair adults... It's not a knock on you Mpire as you have twice the knowledge I do on wrestling but from an outsider looking in...I think it's just time to try and let it go and enjoy your sons great seasons because the best is yet to come....

• Upvote 1

I predict the loser of the match tomorrow will be the winner of public perception in the long run. I'm betting the winner of the match takes the attitude he has nothing left to prove and will jump to 160 for state to avoid a rematch. This will draw the ire of many on this board. He will be accused of dodging a rematch. Long term, these two kids are almost in a no win situation.

As i said Jordan used his prestige to get a call that was not legit and that he as a coach knew was wrong.and if you try to do the same on a call that you can clearly see is wrong , then yes you are attempting to cheat .

It's a refs job to know what's right and wrong and to stick to his call , telling a kid he is out then allowing his opponent to take him down is like ringing the bell in a boxing match the ref stepping between the fighters then allowing one to throw a haymaker , and letting it slide ,

Saw Holyfield lose an Olympic gold for throwing a punch after the bell , saw a graham kid beat a nationally ranked 2 x state champ fom CC after getting two on a takedown after the ref called them out .

Of course everyone has to go to graham to train their coaches run camps and are popular across a few states , doesn't mean I have to bow down as others do , and hes my friend and how great their jr high team is was a little much and an obvious comeback on my comment of them losing to Blair yet again and the other comment of them peaking with DT , you felt you had to defend them , just as I feel I have to tell it like it is , I would NEVER take up for anyone cheating any of my kids teammates or actually any kid in the state , but of course some feel my kids are not real CC wrestlers obviously , still steph was cheated by refs pushed by Jordan Oma dirty shot by a kid who did not stop when the ref called them out .

Take up of who you want , Austin will still be CCs first fresh / soph / jr / sr state champ 4 timer and my first 4 timer over puny weight .

And I actually think he would have been a 5 or more timer as steph would have been quite possibly as well ,

Tomorrow will be interesting and depending on how it turns out and how people react , things may be a lot more interesting ,

As I said I didn't comment on this thread untill asked So all the smack about me always saying this an that was uncalled for .

To bad ky isn't proud enough or brave enough to rely on its own or take up for it own kids when they are obviously cheated and used as propaganda tools for out of state teams and their kids . Pretty sad taking up for a team cheating your own , even if it was ever so subtle .

They will always look down on you untill all your best are looking down on them and that's what going to happen , at least with ATM and your right he knows as I did leave no room totally destroy everyone , bet them as quickly and totally as you can just like he did at GMVWA and yes I think he should have won OW there seldom see 5 first period pins including one over a returning tournament champ in finals , had ATM been wearing a falcons singlet , he might have gotten a better look but then again his name isn't THE Bo JORDAN ITs ATM The Kentuckian . A name he appreciates although he's just a Transfer to some .

So is Jayce just a Transfer to the Union coaches I wonder ??????and would they argue the call or at least put up with a ticked of parent over a bs call and not defend the opposing team ???? Who can say ,

Either way i like B and B lol even though young B hurt my feelings at The tourny and had me fuming he later came to me and said what he saw on tape and felt . Admirable all you can ask of a person is to admitt when they are wrong and try to do better next time , great young coach my favorite assistant coach ever , still wish he would have pulled that leg off and smashed that refs skull in with it though instead of jumping up and protesting a little then setting back down ,

Hope the boys have a good match Cooper gets the big match up at home and he is one tough hombre , still hope Stephen handles his buisness , because he is a bigger sore loser than me .

People make too big a deal out of transfers. Trinity's entire team is transfers if you want to get technical. Kids want to compete for good programs and train under the best coaches. The public schools have to be open and willing to accept them to keep up with the private schools. Just look at what a mockery Trinity has made out of 6A football in the state of Kentucky.

If u want to talk transfers, I can't 100% confirm, but always heard the 4x KY State Champ transfer from Indiana for St. X never spent the night in the Bluegrass. Just saying.

And I didnt hear Trinity mentioning where their st champ and OW winner was originally from last yr , but I know ,

And can you be a transfer then a transfer then come back to where you were born and actually attended kindergarten and be a transfer , I don't know but I do have a birth certificate of SAM and ATM and it says Campbell County on it somewhere ?????!?

fanofwrestling - you are correct. talking to a parent tonight and so many of us get caught up in the main event that we forget about the other potentially great matchups in that dual. don't forget fausz-parrot.

come on chris. for someone who prides himself on debating using the facts, you have extrapolated way into another galaxy my statement on transfers. I didn't say anything negative about any transfer or criticize any kids for moving in anywhere. just stated a fact that graham isn't the only team that benefits from transfers.

One of the best duals possible for sure , I don't see any other matchups as interesting but Mathews and Chamberle will be a great one Mathews whoo hoo with a win at Fairfield over a D1 signed top ranked Ohio wrestler , impressive even with injuries involved , need to see some offense from either of them on their feet . Not just Chamberle waiting for his strong suit and overpowering top position work . Either needs to get a takedown to make a statement .

not sure how many If any CC is down but it could take a full squad to win ,ATM

Out for CCs pin record not sure he can get it this yr and Mueller is a good wrestler but a bit green to seriously challenge Austin , I do like him and his style and even his physique he has a lot of potential I would like to have helped him he is thick and could become very powerful he's just the wrong weight . Not sure of sks heavy and Sinclair has been injured so maybe they switch things up .

Good to see Myers and Cooper going face to face and not running. Looks like a few transfer studs running from KY studs in lower weights to protect there records. Them Union boys make people run. Funny stuff, so much for stud transfers. Prediction for Myers and Cooper 7-6 Myers.

fanofwrestling - you are correct. talking to a parent tonight and so many of us get caught up in the main event that we forget about the other potentially great matchups in that dual. don't forget fausz-parrot.

come on chris. for someone who prides himself on debating using the facts, you have extrapolated way into another galaxy my statement on transfers. I didn't say anything negative about any transfer or criticize any kids for moving in anywhere. just stated a fact that graham isn't the only team that benefits from transfers.

Yes and with obvious intent ,and I am sure EVERYONE listening in understood , taking up for graham and pointing fingers at my two man Mpire

Graham doesn't need transfers they can live in Miamisburg Springfield , Huber Heights , Troy , heck they can live in Akron and still go to Graham , they have open enrollement

And why would you bother , this is a Cooper Myers thread , and I was Born in CC went to CC graduated from Highlands went to Bellevue , and i was a teenage Mr ky an ipf Ky state champ and a few x MrNKY a stretch calling my kids transfers but whatever Steph went to Highland Heights elementary , an next time your rubbing elbows with your friend at Graham ask him what I said I was going to do with Stephen and Austin many yrs ago and look where they are ,I always wanted them to wrestle in Ky but I also hated seeing them

Leave Ohio , and yes facts and discipline and organization are one of my quirks , And the fact is steph was cheated by the ref by your friend and by his wrestler ,

The fact is you seem to take up for him

And mentioned transfers from other teams to somehow make my statement and others come back on me , but all you did was show your own issue with my boys and or myself , funny how two kids coming to a team and helping them can draw heat for doing it or , more likely just me either way , end of story for me I said all I have to , and yes I do enjoy facts and the fact is , Most forums have rules I like this ones looseness I feel free to express myself more openly , But I do not call people by name because it is usually a rule not to but it's ok it's who I am and I don't need a hood , but I like the whole Mpire thing ,

SK grrrrrrr

Evolution , yes those union boys are tough but so are those Woodford boys and they are and have gone through some changes , as someone who has been on that end of everyone's comments , I think welcoming some more talent to the state is a better reaction particularly when one of their fathers if not both

Coming is and could be so helpful to the state , and If a kid can go somewhere why not if it's an easier road , most wrestlers go where they can .

Southern hospitality is much more appealing and and casts a much better light on a state that IS a great wrestling state . And Ky is that not a state full of haters out to create a villain in order to have some heroes .

Boston didn't know me from Adam but helped me and my kids as I tried to his when we met , a great wrestling dad and very helpful and informative , if your ever at home and he was at a big tourny with your kid you couldn't possibly ask for a better friend , KY is lucky to have him and them , more for us less for them .

And I didnt hear Trinity mentioning where their st champ and OW winner was originally from last yr , but I know ,

And can you be a transfer then a transfer then come back to where you were born and actually attended kindergarten and be a transfer , I don't know but I do have a birth certificate of SAM and ATM and it says Campbell County on it somewhere ?????!?

Mpire, share with us....Where was Fahy originally from????

Sids dad told me Fahys were from Ohio and moved to KY when they were young , just what I was told , doesn't matter if they were or not to me , The point is people were talking about transfers , which is a funny term to begin with people move away come back home move for jobs whatever ,

People throw the term Transfer around and pretend they are talking about pro sports stars instead of kids and family's ,it's a joke and it's used simply to diminish the accomplishments of kids who have not always been at one school ,every private school kid is a transfer to me .

Some people actually move because they do not like where they live some do move for sports , I can honestly say that my family has moved one time just for sports and wrestling , and it wasn't to CC ,it had a little to do with it but not the main reason , we moved to CC because thers where I am from and my boys had lived there before and because , PH said they needed some new jewelry although his ring clashes with his nail polish .

I agree 100% with KYgrappler a few pages back. This site use to have a lot of useful info. Now I can barely even find info regarding where tournaments are or when they start, or what the results were. I wanted to attend the Jefferson County tournament this past weekend and the location and start time could not be found ANYWHERE on this site, not even under the "MASTER SCHEDULE" list. Mpire has killed this site with his garbage and rambling about his kids who everybody already knows are good. All the good posters have been run off.

• Upvote 1