Sign in to follow this  
Evolution

Cooper- Myers Battle !!!!

I say Myer 3, Cooper 2

I predict something like Dake-Taylor I. The crowd will be a little disappointed as there is not much action. Of course now that I say that both guys will come out guns blazing.

As I said you look away because of who graham and Jordan are , as for the match , 2 top twenty nationally ranked kids one who has only 4 losses in HS and is a sr , it means a lot and I doubt you will ever be in that situation Ranger , and your fellow hs coaches had never been in that situation either , an without hesitation i would say they were nervous wrestling against graham and jirdan and should have argued the call a lot more than they almost did . so don't say how you would deal with it , as for big leads top kids have close ones that refs can change with bs calls And people always use that as an excuse when taking the side of the winner , I know the sport I know the angles I see yours , no respect for you you sell out your own wrestlers to stay in good steed with those you think will help you , and I dont care who likes it ,

We were blasted on this site a bit as well and at continuously blasted on sites in Oh .

Last yr and even this thread is about My kid/ kids as always pressure talk speculation and more bs ,

Glad you like graham why don't you move up there . But in the meantime my son Austin will be busy breaking all of CC and Kentuckys records as well as the hearts of all the buckeyes he beats .

And we don't need to and haven't been to Jordan's in quite a while .

• Downvote 1

You would lose throw king , im like Austin I don't mind a cheap shot or two and no need for rules as my sons opponents lately do not need to follow them

Ranger is a class act. You could learn a lot from him Mpire. You are happy go lucky until someone challenges your opinion and then you go nuts. I have a feeling that Rangers opinions hold a lot more water than your's ever will. I'll have Ranger in my corner any time.

• Upvote 1

Anyone who tries to influence mpire to tone it down a bit on a message board is wasting their time. He lives for the reactions he getsb out of people. You would think his anger management issues getting his kids thrown off the team down at grant would have taught him some humility. But not a chance. Hell burn his bridge....excuse me his son austin's bridge at cc then hell have to take him somewhere else or start his own school. Hell probably have to throw himself out of that school as well.

Why do we all look at his posts? Its like rubber necking at a bad wreck. Who can resist his wwf like tyraids. Myermania running wild...oh yea!!!

• Upvote 1

Back on topic, I think theyre about even on the mat with the edge to stephen on his feet. If cooper can defend well on his feet I give him a fighting chance. If he tries to get into a scambling matchup I think stephen wins by 4 or more.

How will they run this Tri? They should make this like the main event with Cooper and Myers finishing up the night. What time will it start? Will both teams run through Boone first then let the fireworks begin? We need answers I see Mpire and Ranger on here where is Coach Gilbert? This should be an event for everyone to watch and I don't see any information making it to the forums page!

Awww Kygrappler you have me blushing. :wub:

All joking aside. I don't mind hearing what people think. It's what I come on here to do. I also like to make light of all that happens on here. I only come on here to have fun and sometimes get on my soapbox and preach. (even though no one listens) At least that's what my lovely bride tells me.

As for the Meyer/Cooper match. As many on here have stated. Please oh please someone put this match on video. So the entire state can see it. I for one want to see the match myself. The outcome will be the outcome and I personally don't have a preference in the outcome as long as it is a good/fiar match by both. Good luck to both on this mementes (Sp) match.

I would also like to make a small comment about the other web sites about wrestling. I personally don't look at them however if you do then you have to expect Ky bashing just like you get Oh bashing on here. But I think that most of the comment on that other side in no way speak for the people of the great Bluegrass state of KY. Like it or not Mpire you and your boys are now Ky kids, you have been absorbed into the hillbilly/redneck life. :D So your gonna have to get use to the carpetbaggers up north there bark is much worse than their bite. (we got your back)

P.S. I'm such a hillbilly i had to look up the word sycophant.

This is for the other hillbilly's who are afraid to ask what it means.

syc·o·phant

/ˈsɪk ə fənt, -ˌfænt, ˈsaɪ kə-/ Show Spelled [sik-uh-fuh nt, -fant, sahy-kuh-] Show IPA

noun

a self-seeking, servile flatterer; fawning parasite.

Lol I know many of you do and it's nice ,

And I hope many of you know i return the favor all the time . And yes people on thise sites and this one cross the line way to much particularly some on this thread , it's all good I have the biggest gun around and he is pissed at graham too and anyone who sides with them or against his brother , nothing to do with me or bs Internet talk , it's a sport play fair or expect garbage

Mpire from one a hole to another I can say I admire you sticking up for your kid and saying you are in his corner. No one can deny your fiery loyalty to your family. I just have one question for you. Youve been asked to take your kids elsewhere how many times? 5, 6 or more? Colerain, moeller, graham, reading, grant county.....just the ones i know of. Not counting tournaments. Serious question here....do you stop to consider your kids feelings towards this hopping around before you burn that bridge? Because that mfer ranger helps out at your son's school. You dont want him in your son's corner....too damn bad. Take him somewhere else douchebag. Oh yea...one more thing. Marinelli got a takedown.

How will they run this Tri? They should make this like the main event with Cooper and Myers finishing up the night. What time will it start? Will both teams run through Boone first then let the fireworks begin? We need answers I see Mpire and Ranger on here where is Coach Gilbert? This should be an event for everyone to watch and I don't see any information making it to the forums page!

Yes, Cooper-Myers should be the final match of the evening.

Perfect example of how utterly terrible this forum has become. Good thread started about the potential matchup of two absolute studs and its quickly reduced to mpire rambling on incoherently about nonsense that no one could care less about. I know tons of folks speak highly of Mr Myers and say he is nice and respectful in person...quick question...when you all meet him do you ever ask why he's such a massive tool on the internet? I mean, the list of people he has directly attacked on here grows everyday and it's getting out of hand. Does anyone feel the need to maybe confront him about being so aggressive and combatitive on a forum that solely discusses HS sports? Perhaps the CC coaches or other parents? Or does everyone just gush over how incredibly nice and interesting he is in person?

For some folks who are either geographically seperated, or otherwise, from KY wrestling this used to be a great source of information, a place to exchange opinions on teams, indiv. wrestlers, coaching strategies, college recruiting, etc. Now?? Its the Mpire show 24/7 Nothing more.

I'll be showing myself out now because it's obvious to me from prior observations that within moments of hitting POST I will be flamed by mpire and his ilk. He will likely call me something derogatory and say something vaguely threatening like "my kid is next" or "thats wut you thunk cause youll never be a champ"" blah blah.

Just wanted to get my 2cents in first.

Grappler of old: you're still the best all around poster on here. thanks for all the new info you add and being able to recall the past better than anyone, I want to get a beer with you someday and just talk about riding legs in polyester singlets.

Ranger, thanks, nothing more to say.

A few others I've always enjoyed reading:

cmcoy (he does more for this sport than probably any one person since Coach Rusty Parks)

kdsmith

mathound

MatMamma

pridewrestler

jpizar83

eville dad

ubtappin

pioneer_pride

Josh Claywell (any sports journalist that actually understands and covers wrestling deserves support)

tiltfor3

Mr Granby

just Wrestle

ManBearPig

and I'm sure I missed more.

peace.

I know it is only January, but this just might be the post of the year.

Mpire you said a holes like me made you the way you are. I think its the other way around pal. Read the gmva thread again. Same old story. If you can follow it logically and read where the friction started it came from you. You said sam got the biggest rippoff ever and if you dont believe it go watch the video. I did. I know the rules of wrestling not the best on this site but well enough and certainly better than you. It was a takedown. Confirmed by many on here. You only want to hear people agree with you. So you then call me queer. So game on. I took down the wife comments because that was crappy of me. Shes a sweet lady. You're just a huge jackbutt online. 3....2.....1.... thread locked. Thanks again mpire.

Myers-Cooper.....I think it goes OT.....both are capable of winning !

This is an OPEN forum....it's like RADIO ...if you don't like the channel CHANGE IT FOOL !

Looks as if EVERYONE has their opinions KYgrappler, you included....3 posts in the past year....hmmm

Just sayin' !

Myers-Cooper.....I think it goes OT.....both are capable of winning !

This is an OPEN forum....it's like RADIO ...if you don't like the channel CHANGE IT FOOL !

Looks as if EVERYONE has their opinions KYgrappler, you included....3 posts in the past year....hmmm

Just sayin' !

FOOL is directed at me.....I happen to be looking into the mirror right now !

Peace !

Seems like there is a lot of sensitivity and grown men getting their feelings getting hurt on this board. Is this a wrestling forum or a teenage girl drama forum?

Seems like there is a lot of sensitivity and grown men getting their feelings getting hurt on this board. Is this a wrestling forum or a teenage girl drama forum?

I am planning therapy after the season. I can't make up my mind, sensitivity training or anger management ! Decisions, decisions....what's a wrestler's dad who is over 50 to do ?

This is all nonsense, no one should be arguing back and forth. It's just two studs wrestling. Yes, they are both amazing. Yes, this is a controversial topic. Yes, this will be epic, but there is not need to fight over it. Just let these beastly athletes wrestle. That is all.

Been there done that if you ever had the balls to say all the crap you did on this site "most of which you erased "In front of me and my boys no one would have to hear your crap ever again ,over and over since I tuned out you spouted off , your a pot stirring piece of cowardly trash ,

I don't even read all your posts because your obviously the biggest sissy on any wrestling website , enough about you as for everyone taking up for ranger that's great but it's like this ,

I was asked what I thought I mentioned graham getting beaten by Blair again along with my info on the dual , and ranger and whoever started a graham thread out of this one , wrong thread and I take it as him taking up for his pals against me an he obviously knows I am

Ticked at them so if he has a problem with me or mine that's fine don't beat around the bush and if he's brown nosing because his kids go to Jordan's to practice like everyone else it's a joke and he's a coward , I'm pissed

My kid got ripped off his sr yr by some dirty refs and a coach who would be raising hell If the call was the other way around. And if he wants to make excuses about getting ahead and winning over obstacles and that whole speech he's obviously taking sides as I said show me a picture or a freeze frame anywhere in that match in the second period before the ref waved them out that was a two , you can't and Ranger your a sell out , don't care who likes it or me saying it if it was your kid ranked his sr yr getting ready to sign for college and had wrestled his whole life and got ripped off against the highest ranked kid he would see all yr you would be pissed too and If you sold your kid out as you are mine you would be trash .

And hell no not everyone who saw the match agrees it was two only haters as a matter of fact refs in Ohio know it was a blown call and have said so , show me where it was two in the second on the mat before being waved off you can't ,

Glad your friends with Jordan ranger who gives a f this wasn't a thread about your love fest for graham go take your kid up there and get him trained don't mention mine anymore or talk to them or even look at em , your a poor excuse for a coach and I don't care how much you have done for anyone I judge people by how they treat me or mine and if they are truthful ,

Now that I have made everyone mad for picking on their buddy for siding against my son on a bs call

I will say that I talked to two NCAA champs who watched the match and three college coaches , they all said it was good but that was a bad call no takedown should be allowed after they were called out . That's all the answers I need on the subject ,

Now all you wannabees go up to Jordan's and rub elbows and tellem how big of a jerk I am and how great he is and text ranger and kiss his butt too , but before you do look at all the trash that folks in Ohio talk about my boys and me and watch the damn match and look for a legit two in the second before they were out then post it on here or crappy and I will never post again , but you cant

Either way I am ashamed a coach that has anything to do with my kids team would defend someone cheating a state champ from that team that's pathetic , there must be some issues with the program or at least with my boys who are standup athletes much more so than the dirty wrestlers I saw from graham who get awy with holds bars an chokes no other team or kid would along with bad call after bad call for one of its rising stars and a coach who uses his prestige to cheat a now KY champ from rangers school ,

Now get back to you topic about my son and his opponent enjoy the one about him because his brother is about to take wrestling in ky to a whole new level with no help needed from cowardly coaches or any fans who can't see the truth

Two takedown, marinelli

Just my opinion...he waved them out....then awarded a LATE 2 points....barking coaches in the corner was very intimidating. If I were refereeing, which I might do after this season....I stick with the out of bounds and NO points. Of course that is my opinion, and I am entitled to it. Just like the Dake/Taylor bout.....Taylor got HOSED on 2 calls and should have won that match.

I hope the match tomorrow between Stephen and Kevin gets a fair shake...I have all the confidence in our refs to get it right !

I would also love to see a Parrrot-Fauz matchup.....Going to be one fantastic dual.....Great teams, great coaches and most of all very talented and gifted kids !

Moderators.....plllleeeeeaaaasssseeee don't lock this thread / topic!!!! This is like my male soap opera version of All My Children, General Hospital, etc. If you lock this thread, that's just like the Friday episode every week where at the end of the show, something dramatic is about to happen, but you're left in suspense until Monday's episode. Oh, and by the way, since we're off topic yet again....I miss my boy Mr. Granby. It's been a few months since I talked to you. Shoot me a line.

But seriously, how about that Cooper-Myers or Myers-Cooper match depending on your preference. I'm not coaching anymore so my Wednesdays are free. Would probably be worth bringing my 6-year-old monster phenom eater (seriously, the boy can eat....he's 4'7" and is believe it or not a lean 90 lbs. I know he's just a 1st grader, but put him against high school wrestlers in the state and he would finish top 20 in an eating contest...the boy can throw down or up if need be) up from Louisville to watch two outstanding young men / wrestlers go head-to-head to show him what hard work can accomplish.

• Upvote 2

I have absolutely no vested interest in Steph, or Marinelli. I will say that I always root for KY kids no matter what school they attend when they go out of state and represent, much like I am a UK fan, but I root for the SEC. That being said, I have watched the match time and again, and in my opinion, it was NOT a takedown. It was in fact a referee screwing up a call. Not saying it was or wasn't intentional, but a blown call never the less. I've battled with Mpire on this site, and have taken his side on things as well. He has been around a lot more wrestling than some of us. He does make very valid points. I have also taken up for Ranger in the past, even given him his props. But for him to seemingly be against his own program is mind boggleing. It wouldn't surprise me if Mpire made a change. If I felt like I was somewhere that I wasn't needed or appreciated, I would too. Austin is special, as is Steph. I wish them both the best. I hope the match tomorrow lives up to the hype. My only hope is that at the end of the match, no matter the outcome, that everyone in that gym gets off of their asses and applauds two of the best wrestlers to ever grace the mat in Kentucky!!!

Remind me where I against my own program or kids that are a part of it. Go back. Read the posts. I never gave my opinion on the call. I simply stated how I would approach it with my son. After the match is over it is history. Can't change it. I know I don't own a time machine to go back and re-live the moment. It is what it is. Would I have argued the call? Yes, I definitely would have questioned the official whether it was my son or any kid I was coaching. But that very seldom changes the call and I would still give my son the same speech after. My biggest issue is to accuse the opposing coach of cheating for pushing for a takedown call in that situation. Come watch my team wrestle this weekend. I guarantee you will see/hear the same from my corner. And not just for my boy.