Sign in to follow this  
Mpire

GMVA

Just imagine if Mpire would have gotten his way with the wife and enrolled the boys at Graham. Steph would undoubtedly be the best JV wrestler in the country this year.....Just sayin"........

• Upvote 1

Lol no Stephen would be dieted down to 40 or his cert weight of 45 like all the graham kids and he would have won iron man because he has beaten those kids already , Austin could have went where ever at 195 or 220 and made lineup easily ,

With their points added to Graham's at iron mans. graham becomes number one in the nation , and in that room Stephen would hammer a much slower less talented Marinelli who's only advantage is his sise the refs and his room and partners ,

Stephen and Austin do not wrestle at a school where every kid in the state of Ohio who has any talent at all train so that school can take advantage of it , they do not cut to the extreme of any if that schools top wrestlers and the refs do not give them points .

Austin is and will be the best wrestler in either state before its over with , Stephen will be Stephen a kid who has more talent than anyone he will ever wrestle no matter what weight he goes wether he wins by one or loses by 15 .

Nice match for third dominating a kid the refs had to cheat so Marinelli could win totally dismantling a national champ then pinning him .

In all honesty any kids close to the wrong kids class that were good at graham were frowned upon , and chased off , ask Jerod Cortez ,

Now does anyone want to talk wrestling facts and how good someone is , can be , was , and who protects who even at the cost of their own team , and who runs from who to protect their image ,

And Austin easily scored more team points than ANY kid in the tournament ,more by himself than some teams accumulated together His team doesn't care about an OW either they do however smile at Five first period pins .

Wow - 152 was a great weight class. The OH and KY boys were fortunate to have a bracket with 3 nationally ranked wrestlers at an in season tourney and so close to home.

First off, I think the bracket was way, way off-balance, with 6 of the 8 placers coming from the bottom half. Cooper wrestled Marinelli well, but he certainly had an easier road to the finals.

I did not see Logan Jones' last match, but I'm honestly surprised he didn't beat the Springboro kid to make the podium. Jones appears to be the superior wrestler. Did he make a mistake and get caught on his back?

Kowal of Princeton surprised me. He was unseeded and had a horrible draw, with Marinelli in Rd 2 and then conso semi with Myers. Still, 5th place in that bracket is nothing to be ashamed of. Mpire - I don;t think Stephen will see Kowal at Fairfield. Even if he's there, he will likely be 145. I talked to some Princeton people and he was allowed to drop to 145 for GMVA but stayed at 152 for the chance to wrestle kids like Marinelli, Myers and Cooper, but will make 145 in January and for post-season. He did look small and not at all cut-down compared to the other 152s.

Davis of Middletown was home sick and had been too sick to practice for a couple days. (Apparently lots of kids out sick across SW Ohio) I don;t think he was dodging anyone. Hopefully we'll get to see Myers-Davis at Fairfield! I know Myers is the favorite but still think Davis gives him a good match.

Congrats to all the KY teams for a great showing!

Bigmama,

Logan Jones missed his chance to make the podium in a staked weight, which would have been a nice accomplishment. He took Mattin from Delta to o.t. in the quarters but didn't take advantage of the chance to win it in regulation which guaranteed at worst placing 6 th. In the wrestle backs, as you speculated, got caught on his back in the 3rd period and never got off loosing a decision. It was a disappointment but that's why we go to SWOCA and GMVWA and seek out other tournaments in Ohio, for the compitition. It was a great tournament and congratulations to all the Kentucky who placed there.

Well the ref signaled out of bounds and Stephen was still on his feet , then Marinelli kept pressuring and Stephen went down clearly after the ref waved out of bounds your full of crap , Stephen never was down before thAt and the ref waited till he heard Jeff Jordan yell two , watch the match don't know you and your a queen too .

Moderators can see for themselves try are my moderators not Ohio dirty cheating pieces of crap like the ref in Jordan's back pocket who somehow had both of his wrestlers matches in quarters and semis ,

• Downvote 1

There was no td awarded before out of bounds and Stephen was never down and had the whizzer in untill after the ref waved them out no excuse about fleeing that's a 1 and the shot was initiated on the edge of the mat , no fleeing no td before out of bounds no excuses he flat out got robbed and the ref flat out listened to Jordan say two and folded like a fat piece of garbage , You don't hold a two takedown it's not a three and there never was a takedown , all the Ohio Hooplah is bs , they shit themselves when Stephen came out and scored right away and then had to throw him out of his game , nice seeing him demolish Schramm who They also had to Cheat so Marinelli could win ,

And yes Austin had the best tournament and won the only award that he controlled , most pins in least time ,

All the haters will say yeah it looked good Doesnt change what everyone knows , it was a bad call and everyone respects the greatness of graham

Jordan and what they do and that is the reason most will not admitt to what they see .

• Downvote 1

I agree with everything you just said. And Stephen looked great on the first takedown. I've been around wrestling a long time and my only point in replying was the correct call was a takedown. Ref made a mistake calling them out of bounds. He should not have. He corrected it and called a takedown. You said see for yourself on an open forum. I simply watched the video and disagreed with you and you attacked me. That's what you always do when someone disagrees with you.

Mpire- I was at the tournament and I remember watching that match and instantly thinking Stephan got the wrong end of the deal. However, I have now watched that video several times (four times) and I think the ref made the right call. It appears he was beginning to award two then they went out of bounds. There was no hesitation when he called the takedown.

I don't buy into your witchhunt that always seems to follow you, or so you claim. Call it what it is, and Stephan lost fair and square. Marinelli is 8th by Intermat and being so the result did not come as a big shocker. I was more impressed with Stephan handling himself like a man and you like a fool. Your boy is outstanding and he lost. Chalk it up and get better. Stephan is outstanding and he just got beat. Shit happens move on and beat everyone else you face.

• Upvote 2

Mpire it was fun but I'm done chatting with you. I had hoped to give you another viewpoint but apparently the only view you are capable of seeing Is the inside of your rectum.

Awesome post wrestlingguru. Exactly as I seen it. Stephen is awesome...but he lost.

• Upvote 1

Well when was the takedown before they were called out , he was. Never down and had a whizzer in on his feet I watched and I was there never did Stephens knees or hands touch the mat and give Marinelli control , never and if it was called out it was out and yes I will attack because it was a bad call no td on the mat none before our of bounds was called no bs fleeing either , go back and suck some more Jordan / graham /(/):) and If you got a problem or Anyone else does feel free to visit ,

After watching the video, right call or not, he called them out of bounds first and thats that. Had they not been called out of bounds, maybe we would have seen a scramble of some sorts out of stephen, thus maybe resulting in something other that a td. You can see stephen look back, see them being waived out of bounds, and stops wrestling, bc he thought they were out, then kinda throws his hand up like "wth". However, even though he may not have got the call, it still did not break him, he still went after it. then when the buzzer sounded, he patted the kid on the back, and still walked off the mat like a true champ. stephen is the kind of wrestler i hope my boys will be like one day. i am a true believer in the stephen bandwagon, and i think he wins that match 8 out of 10 times.

Refs reverse calls all the time in this sport. How many times have you seen a ref signal points for the wrong wrestler and then reverse it? It was a scramble out of bounds the ref did signal out of bounds, then reversed it and made the right call. Absolutely the right call. Sorry, I would have loved to see Stephan win but he didn't. He might win 5,6,7, maybe even 8 out of 10 times. But that was one of the 2 out of 10 times I guess.

• Upvote 1

I have to agree with mpire one this one. Watching it, he clearly signals out of bounds. If you make the call, don't change it. I have seen for years certain teams get calls and it kills me. You get the feeling refs get intimidated into giving certain teams and coaches calls. The only positive is that it's during season, I have seen it at state, that's the most unfortunate time.

But great showing by Ky in both Ohio and Indiana this weekend.

Ref called them out of bounds ,no takedown untill after wards , doesn't have shit to do with reversing a call you tell a kid they are out they quit wrestling and some hometown hero gets a takedown and the ref pretends he didn't make the call because the million dollar coach of OHIOs greatest wrestlers are in his corner jumping up saying two , bs no 2 out of ten OT anything else matters its bs , and guru you have been supportive but how many of your kids go to Jordan camps and how powerful are they in your mind , odd I thought you a true blue guy. I don't. Carr if everyone bows down I never did I call what's right no excuses needed when my kids lose they lose as for shit calls that's the second big one Stephen got in Ohio the first one his fresh yr when he was about to hammer mines watch that too and while your at it watch the Schramm match same ref same crap calls ,it's a joke and sorry if Stephen beat one of your kids , love you man but it was a bad call you know it .

I just watched the video and my first thought was where was the protest from the corner. The ref ovbviously waved his arms that they were out of bounds and then awarded two afterwards. I think an inquiry could have got that call corrected. There were two refs why not even a consult.

Not a caveman and not strong these days , just a dad who knows how to call a match ,

It seems the Ohio posters have different views ,

Whatever it Was bs hope everyone enjoys their time at Jordan's and if a coach at Cc tells me he thinks that's the right call because he's worried about stepping on goes over his own kids welfare he won't have I worry about it anymore .

You argue you that kind of call till the end .

Stephen and Austin know as much about wrestling as any one else , Steph knows he was screwed draw your lines .

Ok a dad getting pissed when he feels his kid got screwed, I can see your point there. It was certainly a controversial call and the ref shouldn't have called them out of bounds. I wish your boys great success and hope they kick ass at Fairfield. They are both phenomenal wrestlers and make Ky proud.

Either way very defensive match, a take down match won by a beast of a freshman, really no mat wrestling at all.

Is Marinelli a true Freshman in age or has he been held back a year or two, he might be the biggest most developed looking freshman I've ever seen,

Sometimes things go your way sometimes they dont and you just hope theres enough time to overcome the bad calls. Meyers had time but couldnt get any offense going after falling behind. Congrats to both kids on maintaining composure and putting on a good match. Would love to see them go at it again, with a little more offense!

Mpire- Your right my son did go to Jordan's back before Jordan's was as big as it is now. As did your boy's. Stephan wrestled on his national team when Stephan was an eight grader so you know him better than most on here do. I don't coach anymore and never had any of my kids go to Jordan's outside of my own.

When your as good as Stephan your going to get calls that go your way and go the other way. Stephan got the short end of the stick as a freshman. I completely agree with you on that.

However Stephan has gotten some calls for him in big matches. I remember his state finals match at OAC. If my memory serves me right Stephan got taken down on the edge of the mat, and I thought for sure the ref was going to award a takedown and to Stephans good will he didn't and Stephan goes on to win the match; or it was an escape. Hell that was four years ago I wonder if you even remember. Lol

So you've been on both sides of the fence I know you have.

In the end lets not forget how great Marinelli, Cooper, and Stephan all wrestled this weekend. All three are deserving of National recognition.

• Upvote 1

Just watched the match on YouTube. First of all, its obvious that these 2 guys are outstanding wrestlers with incredible technique and work ethics. Both of them were extremely classy after the match. That being said.....Stephen got SCREWED on a horrible call. The ref CLEARLY signals out if bounds, which at that time the whistle should have been blown, but it wasn't. The ref let the action continue and then signaled 2 takedown. Gotta side with Mpire on this one. Can't believe CC's coaches didn't take that one straight to the table, could have been over turned. I was told a long time ago that you can only see someone's true heart and desire when they have to comeback and wrestle for 3rd. Congrats to Stephen for having the heart of a champion and coming back to take 3rd. Congrats to all the KY guys who went up there and represented. Ohio may be further along than we are in wrestling, but they now know that these KY boys aren't scared of a challenge and we will happily engage in a battle whenever they want some.