Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2012/2013 - December 25

Thanks for the rankings Ranger,AJ is like the Jeffersons,moving on up to the top,lol. Really,I told him the only ranking he needs to be at the top of is the last.keep up the good work

So does anybody know what weight Mike Whalen from HC is gonna wrestle! He wrestled 26 at Lafayette but I thought maybe he was waiting for the 2 pounds or maybe he is staying at 26! Can somebody updat me on this?

I read a lot about the light and middle weights but I hardly read any comments about the heavies. I am hearing a lot about a few heavy wrestlers. We have been told to watch Madison Co's Paul Couch, Fern Creek's Gabe Lord, Newly bumped up from 220lbs Trinity's Bobby Bryant and Grant Co's Cody Miskell. We have seen all wrestlers wrestle but the Miskell kid. Has anyone seen Grant's Heavy wrestle? Is he a contender for state title or placer?? Any predictions for heavy weight placers?

If Bryant stays at hvy, it will be hard for anyone else to win. I would say miskell is a legitimate placer along with kids like young, porter, and lord. All are tough kids.

Bryant is dominating with the shoot for the leg and then lift it over the head move. The heavys are not expecting that. It is a good choice move to make on Bryant's part to put on the heavy bulls for a lighter heavy. Bryant is quick to shoot on the first round and grab the leg. But I think, now that the heavys know what to expect out of Bryant and the leg lift move he has been winning with, I feel some of the heavys will start training harder to counter that. It seem that some under estimate hvy. I have read some posted comments that hvy and 220 wt are sloppy and slow, lazy and not hard working. But from what I have seen out of both of these wt classes we have some good athletes and I look forward to see who steps up and gives Bryant a run for his money, so to speak. I like to root for the underdog myself. Recruiting will be elevated this year for 220 and Hvy. We are interested to see if a underdog will emerg from the shadows in heavy class....

bryant already did that to miskell with a 43 sec. pin. he is wrestling 285 because thats where his coach needs. we do not have a heavy, we have first year 220's bobby is the only kid strong enough to deal with the big guys. gaining weight as fatboy and others have sugested has nothing to do with it, nor does what weight austin meyers goes. he will do what coach brown says is best for the team.

Miskell is powerful and improved but very raw with no one to wrestle at his weight at his school I am guessing , he could be very tough with more time or the right room , ATM is a small 220 but weighed in at 220 today layed the smack down on GMVA one of the toughest tournaments in OHio with 5 pins in just over 3 min and a win over last yrs 220 champ a state qualifier in Ohio in the finals , Bryant is dominating Hvys it seems in Ky , probably even more than Austin could while he is at 220 ,a 240 lb or so good wrestler can dominate hvy as some national

Hvy champs have done , hvys can't usually shoot , Austin can shoot hit blast standups and anything a lightweight can at 220 , not sure what he could do as a hvy right now , in three yrs in college everyone will find out , He's a Hoosier football and wrestling fan today :)/> looking for double duty , his brother is an Xbox fan but after today he might become a wrestling fan again .

I'm sure winning a state title is best for any team .

ATM will wrestle him at state duals in an exhibition , it they want or allow it after all the matches , he doesn't care if he wins or loses , just don't hurt ATM he's got four in his sights ,

• Upvote 1

Meyer and Bryant would be a great exhibition match. My vote for the win would be Myers. He is a good kid. I did some checking and I hear Miskell is training hard and wants to improve from what I am told. I hear he works on his own now.? I hear no one on his team wants to even run drilsl with the kid for what ever reason. I heard that there were words exchange between Miskell and his team because no one would warm up with him at a tournament. They said he is to rough is what was said. Some would think the coach would not let that go on. It is sad to see a good wrestler go without good training. Seems this kid could go far. We will be watching. We would also like to see that exhibition with Meyer and Bryant. Lets make it happen.

Well Miskell is about 50 lbs bigger than anyone on his team and barely makes weight and hasn't on occasion so why would they I am a big supporter but if you want to whoop up on someone do it on other heavys , no probl

Any other big kid doesn't have or any above average one , sad but true

A coach also would not let smaller less experienced wrestlers be harmed or injured needlessly by a larger hvy who will not gain much from drilling with them anyway , how many kids over 200 are even on the team let alone over 270 , I believe he is working on his own but I have seen he has gotten pinned and that tells me he needs more work , he could be one heckuva wrestler but he needs to work smarter

Meyer and Bryant would be a great exhibition match. My vote for the win would be Myers. He is a good kid. I did some checking and I hear Miskell is training hard and wants to improve from what I am told. I hear he works on his own now.? I hear no one on his team wants to even run drilsl with the kid for what ever reason. I heard that there were words exchange between Miskell and his team because no one would warm up with him at a tournament. They said he is to rough is what was said. Some would think the coach would not let that go on. It is sad to see a good wrestler go without good training. Seems this kid could go far. We will be watching. We would also like to see that exhibition with Meyer and Bryant. Lets make it happen.

You hear an awful lot don't you.

Your hear an awful lot don't you.

Lol yeah there is an awful

Lot of gossip and drama In such a new wrestling program .your so intuitive riding time even though your exuberance is annoying and destructive at times your interest and insight is admirable and That was a BS call and CC is going to stomp Fairfield invite Otto is a deuchebag .

Just going by Rangers Rankigs. He is listed and Alex is not.

I think it was an honest mistake. The last ranking had Alex ranked and Soriono not.

Colton Mott at 126 from Harrison County broke his hand 3 weeks ago & it will sideline him for the rest of the year. But after talking to him, he is anxious to get healthy in the offseason and come back good and strong next year.