Sign in to follow this  
lasttakedown

Lafayette

Any time a kid is ejected for an act deemed flagrant misconduct, the National Federation of High Schools governing body dictates that wrestler is held out of competition. The KHSAA is obligated to comply with this suspension. I watched this same kid in his semi finals match, and made the comment before the finals started that this particular kid is a ticking time bomb waiting to go off, that it was just a matter of getting on the mat with a kid that would give it back to him and thats exactly what happened. Hopefully when he comes back from being held out of competition his coaches can rein him in a bit. Besides the one little bit of extra curricular activity was a pretty good tournament.

113 Rearic vs Hall II good match Hall score takedown for the win with 3sec left.

120 Duncan wrestled from a pigtail to the finals and won very impressive.

126 had the single most impressive victory of the day Heidorf majored a returning state champ Whalen(106).

132 was a mess. That display is the oppisite of what makes wrestling great

138 Alot of cloes matches from the quarters to the finals

145 Very good finals match 2 state contenders in the finals with Clay winning a close one.

152 The best match was in the semi between Jones and Smith. !st time they met Jones won in triple OT. This time he won 6-2 but it was 1 point until late in the third. Jones went on to t-fall win in the final.

I missed most of 160 182 195 and 220 but Mcdaniel Mclirath both looked impressive the small bits I got to see them.

But the 2 most dominate performances came in the 2 most stacked weight classes 170 Heavy. Jones blew up a his weight class that had six kids ranked in the top 20, with tech pin pin and a finals pin. Looking forward to Canter vs Jones.

Heavy Bryant was simply dominate. The heavys 7 of the top 16 he wrestled for less than 3min in his 4 matches, I actually thought i might see a heavy get MOW. I have been to a tournament where that happened. I was most impressed by the fact the he was the most physical guy in every match. Looking forward to Troxell vs Bryant no more boring heavywieghts.

Congrats to the tourny director , everything was run to perfection.

3min 2 sec in three matches not under 3 min im 4 no one ever wrestles for any time in a default , lol but very impressive nonetheless .

Part of what hurt Moore was we had several guys already have 5 matches in the day and had to forfeit their final match of the day and lose the placing/advancement points to other teams. If I remember right from that night we had 4 guys who forfeited their final match and got fourth instead of the possibility of third. Then to lose by only 7 when if just a couple of those 4 kids had won (one forfeit was to a Trinity wrestler as well) it may have been a different outcome...man I wish 6 matches in a day would happen!! And we had three guys who got stuck in the losing bracket early and only had two or three matches all day, that hurt as well. And had three varsity starters still not in the lineup.