Just Another Wrestler

Undeafeted Wrestlers this year

Well , there's not as many left and most have had a decent match or two , Going to be very hard to go undefeated for the top guys this yr , Union ,Sk ,Ryle , and CC have insane schedules with almost every kid meeting up with a few highly ranked in state if not Nationaly ranked kids ,

Schools and kids going to Iron Man , Rumble , Swowca , Gmva , Fairfield , in NkY will be lucky to escape unscathed I'm not sure about other tournys but I have heard the Dragon and you have to add state Duals , it will be interesting if anyone can make it through those kind of minefields and if they do did they simply avoid studs .

The highs and lows are tricky ,I would think it is easy to get caught sleeping when doing fairly easy duals or not so tough quads or tris then you get hit with a tourny full of studs or just one loaded with studs in your class , it takes the ability to turn it on at will or wrestle to the level of your comp .

• Upvote 2

well there should be some people with some nice looking records now but yes after state duals i would doubt to see more than 7 or 8 left

Are we talking vs. Ky comp. or Including out of state comp. also?

To me, an undefeated season doesn't mean all to much. If you are 60-1, and get 2nd or 3rd at State, what will people remember? The fact that u were 60-1 and got 2nd or 3rd, or the name of the guy that won a State Championship? My bet is on the guy that won the main prize. Records are great, but a State Championship is what I tell my kids to strive for. The pressure of being undefeated is ridiculous. If you don't believe me, ask Dan Gable, I bet he would tell you the same. Everything we do up until the main show, is practice. In high school, State Championships, that's where its at!!!

Well yes state championships , national championships ,and no an undefeated record is not everything , comp either in your class or in others is what will make someone better . Whatever and 0 sounds good , but isn't everything .

I think it's a good goal though .

• Upvote 1

Absolutely agree with it being a good goal. Just trying to make the point if a kid gets beat/upset before State, that doesn't mean his dreams are demolished, it just means that he needs to work a little harder to accomplish them. All in all, I think we are basically saying the same thing.

Now may be a better time to see who is still

Undefeated . Probably Not as many as was expected and probably some surprises but I am

Sure a few who people

Thought would remain unbeaten are still holding on , only a few tournys left and state duals and regionals ,

Fausz and ATM from CC still alive with a big test for ATM this weekend and possibly at state duals . Fausz may have a clear road to state , and a title ,he looks sharp . Tough schedules tough matches make tough kids ,some who are defeated I would have to say have wrestled some

Pretty high calibre kids , and came out the better for it usually . Be neat to have a thread of youth through high school undefeated kids , I know it's not as important as it sounds and I would not argue that some of the best or better have been beaten but it's a nice thing to see and look at as well as use to promote the sport for various teams

I was never a big fan of records since a weak schedule can inflate your record beyond your actual skill level. For example Brock Ervin isn't undefeated because of Ironman, but nobody in the state can touch him

Of course the weak schedule comment would be thrown out , Everyone who knows the sport knows who is who winless or not ,

And not to knock anyone , everyone in the state can be touched I would bet , maybe not beaten by in state kids but no one is untouchable ,

The " undefeated "monicker was thrown around an awful lot last yr and I think most of the top kids in the state have lost this yr probably the top four or five or at least four or five of the top Six in my opinion .

Doesn't matter just a nice achievement for those who have walked through some

Minefields or weak comp either one .

I'm sure everyone is proud of some

Who have lost maybe prouder than for any who have remained unbeaten , no need

To be bitter about anyone who can remain that way .

See how nice I am I could say by god no one can touch billy bob or jimmy joe , SKS or TKO , and so and so can sure as hell touch him

But I like being sensible sometime , and no , most likely no one can

Beat Brock he's a beast , ... But CC is going to beat Union at state ....... Hahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahah

Now you can pick on Me some

Is like to see Union have to bump Brock up to wrestle Fauz in order to try and win the dual. Just sayin, reach out and touch someone!

Not so sure that is the match that would

Win or lose the dual if they were to wrestle .

An intriguing scenario though , they are not Dualing but I did hear a neat idea about

The winners Dualing which would be fun .

Either way I think CC is a tougher tourney team than Dual team although I may be wrong .

I see the CC ,X dual being very good nonetheless , perhaps even better than a CC , Union Dual , which makes me

Think what If it wasn't split a lot of

Possible match ups .

What are the records of the other undefeated wrestlers ???

Probably a little over 40 and 0 for CC undefeated wrestlers , we had one going for 40 pins but some refs were not compliant and gave techs instead Of pins .lol always next yr , have not seen a lot of serious injuries sad to say the last one I saw was unnecessary .

Ouch ,

If you don't wrestle anyone what's the point even if you are a great wrestler you will

Not get any better or get the recognition you deserve by beating sub par comp .

Tomorrow may tell the tale , for a couple of Camels , Fausz should have an easy tourny , Austin has a tough kid , maybe it's a sophmore thing , hopefully so Sam went undefeated Soph yr maybe ATM can . Who else is left Out there besides Canter and Bryant !!!!