Diana

New Two-Piece Uniforms!!!

The new two piece uniform was a huge success this weekend at the National Coaches Wrestling Convention in Buffalo, NY. Approved by the NCAA for competition, The Double is a two-piece uniform comprised of our exclusive combination of micro-fiber polyester and spandex that gives wrestlers the comfort and durability that they desire for optimum performance.

The Double's two-piece design offers an thletic jersey look on a traditional uniform by offering contemporary styles so that athletes and schools can customize their Double with colors, names, logos, and jersey numbers.

It is designed to protect wrestlers against germs, bacteria, fungi, and odor by offering permanent protection with our patent pending antimicrobial treatment Germ-Atak.

Come check out our website at www.doublesport.net

Guest jp

:?: Is this approved for high schools :?:

Our team is getting ready to get new warm ups and singlets.

The web site didn't open.

Does anyone know where you can see this out fit :?:

JP, the new uniforms have not been approved for the high school level by the NFHS. The new uniforms will likely be discussed at the NFHS rules meeting for the 2006-07 season. It will be up to the NFHS to allow the uniforms to be worn in competition.

Guest jp
JP' date=' the new uniforms have not been approved for the high school level by the NFHS. The new uniforms will likely be discussed at the NFHS rules meeting for the 2006-07 season. It will be up to the NFHS to allow the uniforms to be worn in competition.[/quote']

I ordered one for practice and it will be mailed out today.

I want to try it before making any claims.

Coachs are going to have to tell state officals that they want it to get it approved.

Wouldnt it be kinda weird goin from a singlet to a two piece though, I mean it would be easier to take the uniform off but wouldnt it come loose alot

I think University of Tenn. (Chat.) had these uniforms. Or perhaps it was just a singlet with sleeves.

Maybe if we watch more D1 teams we will see more of these.

I've seen the following teams wear the two-piecers over the past two years:

Princeton

Hofstra

The College of New Jersey (TCNJ)

The Citadel

UTC

Cornell (only for one dual against Michigan)

Michigan (see above)

Lehigh

Personally, I think they look pretty absurd. A teammate of mine complained about feeling the constant need to "take off his shirt" during the match, as that was the last thing that he was used to doing before he hit the mat. It was pretty disconcerting he said. One plus is that apparently you sweat like holy hell. These could definitely be the new-wave in practice gear, but I'm just old fashioned and like the look of a singlet.