Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2012/2013 - November 22

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!!! I finally got a chance to dig through some of the weight assessments and make some updates. There are still more to come (big names like Union and Ryle), so look for some changes in a couple weeks after a few competition dates. I also need to incorporate more of the freshman as I believe last year's 8th grade class was overall one of the best in a while and those guys have a chance to make an immediate impact this season.

2012_2013 High School Rankings Nov 20.pdf

Not sure of all the weights but it looks good , particularly CC repeating . Hvy is probably very hard to judge I think Miskell goes higher and the CC hvy looked okay and will

Improve dramatically he seems enthusiastic and got some pins this week , with Grant in reg 5 it may open things up for another hvy to get to state from reg 6 :) just sayin I bet he goes

Oh then it wouldn't matter Miskell is a sr , still think the CC kid might surprise everyone I haven't seen any dominant hvys in our region other than Frank who is gone and Miskell who should be this yr , CC has an excellent cast as far as helping a hvy come along as far as coaches and a decent partner goes no other school in the region could help a raw hvy as much as they could , great coaches in McCubbins and Holbrook and Austin Keeton and a jr high champ from last yr grazi sometging lol to drill with . Just me maybe he's a big kid a bit out of shape and raw but seemed fired up and grabbed some pins this week and on their schedule If he statys healthy who knows . Think he weighs 285 and he's not short he's big hvy and rangy .

Happy thanksgiving to you as well , see some just out of the money at state who could change things a lot with a win or two . At state , surprised Chamberle Is not at least top 2 after his match last yr with Jude doubt he is not top 3 but I do not know all these kids yet . I see Thompson going 195 instead of 220 but again I do not know .

No Bachman at CC as of yet so the cluster is not there but there are quite a few battling for those 52 60 and 70 spots at CC but I see it going pretty much as you have it as far as kids go those are the ones with the experience and who wrestled this week but there may be a switch here or there .

Lane Jones is a bit big for 52 , I see him at 60 or 70 ,probably the latter but it would make 52 awfully deep , it looks like there is more depth this yr than last but it may be just me learning who everyone is but 45 52 and 60 look very tough , Hamilton Polly Lampe Lampe Jones Jones Cooper Courtney Stephen Prestin , all would make respectable champs it's going to be very entertaining and it looks to be a much tougher year than last .

I think Ranger has it close to right , Hamilton , Woods , Stephen , Turner , Marthews , Keeton , Austin Myers , without an E before the Y ,and Sinclair , with perhaps a switch of weights here or there and a surprise wrestle off win . Wrestling started weeks ago I would think anyone planning on getting anyone over the top would be over at the gym wrestling , but who knows , Woods has grown a lot and dieted very hard last yr he may do well at a heavier weight class once he gets his bearings , it has been my experience that lightweight kids moving up past the super skilled levels usually do well , BUT ky middle weights seem to be at least if not more skilled than their lighter weights so it's hard to say .

Hope no one thinks I'm being rude to CC lighter weights I simply do not know them as well and it's hard to put a finger on where I would put them as far as state or in a class, Spahr although he lost to Shirkey from Oldham this week looked very impressive to me and has a ton of potential , I could see him doing well at state and surprising a lot of people but those classes are always insane with talent .

I also hear the jr high champ Graziani sp is an excellent drill partner therefore I assume he is a worker giving CC future if not sooner firepower Mason is another tough kid who is better than most would expect upon first sight , with such a tough Middle school team always sending up kids CC will be in the Mix for a long long time ,

I have been told I write extensively long posts and it embarrasses someone so I will quit posting .

LMAO Four champs and two placers won state last yr an equal combination and probably then some may be what it takes to repeat looking at it realistically I think three could be locks if everyone goes where you have them and I think more is possible , I see the freshman AA from last yr Mathews placing high and Turner with some mat and match awareness and time should do very well also , Woods can place at a few different weights as can others IF and the IF being can the best b brought out in everyone there kida know if they are giving it there all and if they do and the coaches can get them too then No ONE can stop CC from winning state again to much potential and to much knowledge and skill in the room to set back and wait for the BIG guns to win it , and big guns get rusty and lose too.

Fausz Austin and Mathews cannot win a team title for CC but Stephen Hamilton Keeton Turner , can Srs have to step up train harder show more to the others and show more of what they can do and should do make themselves better than ever .

Despite the ignorance in the football coaches locker room wrestling IS a team Sport

wrestlers learn from other wrestlers they watch their moves their training patterns their mental approach everything any good wrestler can look bak and say I tried to be like so and so I I watched so and so it's a fact . Its all going to depend on what kind of Zone the room becomes and what kind of zone the kids get in there needs to be one bad Ass coach step up and get in anyone and everyone's butt no favs , obviously Bankamper is not that mean coach BUT he has no problem kicking a slacker out Of his room sending a message to everyone that it's not a playground . A great start to a state run I think .

• Upvote 1

160 must not be as popular as it once was ??? Probably harder to guess who is going where as you go up and certain weights get depleted for one reason or another .

Told you grappler , he certified for 191 . He's under 217 now . But I think they are content being Obese :)/>

Lol Defender duals sat , good first week of wrestling . Big dogs in the house :)

Unless he is losing for a big tourny this summer i don't believe he needs to go 191. (Unless there is someone at the GMV he wants to meet up with). Won't CC be a better team with him at 220?

It's 195 or 7 after x mas , not sure of anyone at 220 at gmva sure there are some good ones in Ohio probably and I know there are some really good 195s . Now that CC has a Hvy I'm sure he is needed more at 220 he's not really big enough for hvy anyway and your asking for an injury bumping up that much , 220 to 285 is not like bumping up when you are in any other weight class . CC has an experienced sr at 195 and a young but talented fresh there as well so I'm sure for a team outlook it's best how things are playing out but in the sport of wrestling where everyone is always looking and more often than not shooting for their lowest wrestling weight you always look at what you can or are allowed to go , 195 and certainly 7 is attainable still but looking at the future it's probably pointless other than Fargo or NHSCAs where you may be better off just staying where your at anyway . CC lineup looks pretty solid the upper weights are pretty much set in stone as far as a team outlook but the rest seems flexible .

Suprised not seeing tucker hurst on there at 106 or 113 for woodford. That kids really tough and I know he is already at 106. I see him being a placer at either weight this yr.

Suprised not seeing tucker hurst on there at 106 or 113 for woodford. That kids really tough and I know he is already at 106. I see him being a placer at either weight this yr.

He has to make the lineup to get ranked.

He is starting at 113 is the word I got. Woodford will be tough at the lower weights. That many good kids around the same weight, makes for a good wrestling room.

I think the ranking look great personally. but as always ranking do not matter at the end of the year the creame will rise to the top. I see a few supprises. But a few weights i belive are far from set in stone such as 32, 38, 52, 70, 82, and 95 every thing else i expect to play out exsactly

Holy cow ,are you guys playin possum tryin to bushwhack the Champs , maybe you guys are not to young after all , next week it's the Rumble should be Awesome , I was worried about CC at first but things are lookin up next week a couple fall into weight range and our studs are picking it up Mathews won his first one out of the gate , Turer had it and lost it with one mistake but looked sharper than last week, the strange SR leadership is in full swing S M and P H set examples of how it's done don't know about in the room but in the fox hole you want these two with you NO FEAR bring em all on I saw it tonight , Fausz is on a different level this year he looks perfect , Austin showed again he does not break under pressure Spahr is a masterpiece in the making and Maggard and the other lightweights are improving rapidly , Woods had a tough one and I call it as I see it he needs to pick it up a bit but can and has he battled studs tonight .

CC down four Camels still took second and had about 6 or 8 in Finals ,ready for the Rumble baby tonight was a great warmup , Bring on Harrison , Indiana , Virginia , Trinity and bring your ball players no excuses ladies , and yes I know Union is down a stud so I won't say anything about them ..... Except there ain't no small school div at the rumble ,, ..... I'm just kidding I couldn't resist if you can't mess with people you like and admire who can you mess with , but we are going to win state again ..... Seriously .

Because I don't like the new coach at fern creek. Ha ha. I do have him on my list to watch. just need to see him get a win over a ranked opponent.

To add more to that. The kids currently ranked are there based on prior wins. At this point I don't have that for vega.

Thats respectable. I talked to the coach and I believe the kid is a sophomore and didnt wrestle his freshman year or something? But you cant be serious that he isnt ranked because you dont like the coach! Either way the kid is sick and rankings mean little, he will place this year no doubt in my mind.