Will Austin be wrestling on 1/11 against Buffalo? Jake Gunning is ranked 20th, and in my opinion, is a very winnable match. If Austin does wrestle, he'll have another top 20 opponent two days later against Eastern Michigan. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Austin beat Hutchinson (EMU) last year?  Could be a great opportunity to get some quality wins before NCAAs. 

On 1/5/2018 at 3:38 PM, Old wrestler said:

Will Austin be wrestling on 1/11 against Buffalo? Jake Gunning is ranked 20th, and in my opinion, is a very winnable match. If Austin does wrestle, he'll have another top 20 opponent two days later against Eastern Michigan. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Austin beat Hutchinson (EMU) last year?  Could be a great opportunity to get some quality wins before NCAAs. 

The remaining MAC portion of the schedule is very doable. I believe Myers has wins over almost all remaining opponents. 6-1 at least in next 7 matches would be my guess. That should have him in good position heading into MAC tourney and NCAAs. 

Seriously, does anyone know the status of ATM?  He has not been in Missouri's lineup and I have not seen any news explaining why.  He seemed to be adjusting to the D1 heavyweight intensity and wrestling well.  Anyone know why he is not in the lineup?

• Upvote 1

Article from last Friday makes it sounds like Mizzou just isn't sure who their starting HWT is right now:

"In the heavyweight match, the Tigers continued on the heavyweight carousel that has been the story of the 2017-18 season. In Thursday's dual, it was Dante Jiovenetta who got the green light from Smith. Unfortunately, the redshirt freshman out of Florida couldn't get the victory, as he lost by decision in his seventh match of the season.

Smith appears to be still searching for consistency n the heavyweight slot. Throughout this season, the Tigers have thrown several wrestlers onto the mat in the heavyweight spot, including Rodrigo Diaz and Austin Myers. Regardless of whose name is in the lineup for the Tigers, the meat of the order continues to carry the team to victory, and the team holds the fourth spot in the NWCA rankings."

• Upvote 1

If you can beat everyone in the room but can't perform when the lights are on it does the team no good. Care to give us the real scoop why he's not on the mat?

• Upvote 3

Its not up to Brian Smith its up to the wrestlers you said if you cant perform.when the lights were on taking a knock at someone who made the dance as a freshman lol as I.said if Austin isnt wrestling WHO will at hvy for Mizzou ....I think we all know who the best Hvy at Mizzou is but you can talk.trash till hes back goof

• Downvote 3

Hope it gets turned around.

They do have an absolute animal coming in next year, Zach Elam. Two Time state Champ, Fargo Champ, and he starts both ways (TE, DE) on the football team with multiple D1 offers. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, wildcat2002 said:

https://www.missouriwrestling.com/community/index.php?/topic/17927-austin-meyers/

Some uncertainty on the Mizzou forums. Hope mizzou finds their heavy and Austin is okay. 

I assumed it was eligibility too.  Rooting for him to make it back in lineup.  Kid has worked really hard and I'd hate to see it end like this.