CoachC

Team Kentucky Middle School

This team is shaping up nicely. Thank you to everyone who has stepped up to wrestle and the parents for supporting Kentucky Wrestling. I am working on blocking rooms for the hotel today. Being such a short notice, most hotels with 16 vacant rooms are not available. BUT I will find a nice one with a indoor pool and hot breakfast!! Message me at 859-393-3983 if you are interested in filling one of the open spots or you can email me at tlc.darrenthomas@gmail.com

Thanks again,

Coach Darren Thomas

Ryle Raider Wrestling

IMG_7375.PNG

On 3/2/2017 at 7:41 AM, gameface said:

Still have Weights open for this Team. Please let us know if you would like to compete for Team Kentucky. Feel free to email me at tlc.darrenthomas@gmail.com with any questions. It would be a shame to not be able to take a team,or a full team, with all the talent Kentucky has. 

Let me know if you need a 160. 

It's taken the whole day and some wheeling and dealing but we now have a AWESOME team to compete in Danville Illinois at the National Duals. I can't Thank Coach Carr enough for spending most the day on the phone or texting with me to get it wrapped up with the gear and reaching out to other teams. After a call to Tyler, KSWA stepped up and donated money toward reducing the cost for the wrestlers gear. Thank you Tyler Baines for your help with this. Thanks to all the parents reaching out to other kids in their program and bringing on these hammers!! Sill have room for a 140 or 150. Thomas Boone said he'll go either weight for us!

IMG_7382.PNG

2017 Team Kentucky Middle School National Dual Team. Thanks again to all the parents that are supporting Kentucky Wrestling. Also Thank you to Coach Jon Carr and Coach Tyler Baines for the financial support from KENTUCKY USA WRESTLING and KSWA!!

IMG_7398.PNG

• Upvote 2

I wanted to thank Coach Joe Carr Sr and Joe Carr Jr for opening their facility Sunday and holding a camp for Team Kentucky Middle School. As always with these 2, great knowledge and passion for growing the sport through each wrestler. Also wanted to thank Coach Jon Carr for his continued assistance with Kentucky USA wrestling and all the info to make sure we are ready for Danville in a couple weeks! 

Very Proud of the effort these young men made in Danville this weekend. Although we went 2-5 on the weekend and finished 10th, these wrestlers never quit and recognized the work that needs to be put in to compete nationally. With one state champ willing to go, we were able to build a team out of state placers that showed they weren't scared to go up against loaded club teams with 6 kids deep in each weight class. Congratulations to Tom Katchen-Carter and Brandon Richmond for going 6-1 on the weekend and earning All-American status!! Thank you to Coach Vlach, Coach Kinley and Coach Goss for coaching with me. Thank you to Coach Jon Carr for helping get the gear together at last minute and to Carr Wrestling Academy for hosting 2 camps for us. I'm looking forward to taking a group back next year to compete for a top 5

IMG_7869.JPG

• Upvote 1