NatureBoy

College News.

Any new COLLEGE news transfers weight changes ect. A bit boring looking in and seeing HS camp news on a college Forum .Where is Fahy at I heard he transferred what weight is he and Brock and Boston going Fausz is tearing it up and is on the verge of becoming an AA is Yenter still going to wrestle this year .Where is Cooper at and how's he doing ?How is Campbellsville , Lindsey and the rest of the schools looking and doing recruiting wise and so on ? A D3 AND D2 school now in KY along with strong NAIA teams and no talk on a college forum other than HS camps in other states ?Reuschells having a camp at Ryle a 2 X A A and his brother a D1 wrestler both former KY state champs it should be a big camp with loads of KY kids .

• Downvote 1

I know a few kids that will be at Kyle's camp at North Oldham. Should be a good one. As far as the college scene goes, I haven't heard a whole lot. I would bet on Boston being at 133 or 141. With the right amount of weight training, 141 sounds like a better fit. I have heard that Yenter is finished wrestling at Michigan State, by choice of course. Nothing confirmed though. Fausz and ATM will be a blast to watch this year. It's nice seeing KY kids having success.

• Upvote 1

Where and how is Cooper Doing ?anyone.I should have mentioned the Lampes as well they did very well last yr and should be making waves !!Of Boston can grow some and wrestle at 141 as he has at lighter  weights in the past he should do very well .Fausz is in a rough class but should have a good feel for it and has to be big for that weight he should be in the mix to AA.Austin is not big for his class but bigger than in the past and STRONG in a class that is loaded including guys on Olympic teams from 2 countries .Lampes looked much bigger to me as well this year when I saw them  

• Downvote 1

John Lampe finished his 5th year ,Dominic possible red shirt because he is rehabbing shoulder surgery,Justin a possible redshirt because he has a shoulder injury that requires surgery.John is helping Isaac Knable at his club. Justin and Dominic working hard and looking forward to getting back on the mat. Justin weighs 180 and Dominic hit 194 today.

FRANKRONE,headed to OU wonder if he goes 197 or cuts ??Will he RS after his Injury it's been a long while since he was hurt he should be healed up but will they rs him as some schools do their big dogs.Like to see him start but then again. With a rs he will still get to do a lot of opens and get his 5th year .Still gets me mad watching Iron Man footage he Beat Darmstadt to death I thought and they cheated him at least once He has a tendency to ramp it up and kick back and coast if he can get an attack a whole match mentality he would be Incredible even at college Level.

• Downvote 1

John Shirkey could have some success at TM College. He's he perfect example of a very talented athlete who didn't attain the goals he set for himself. He could very well become an NCAA All American. 

Looks like Austin Myers transferred from West Virginia to Missouri.  I think it's a big step up in programs, considering Mizzou knocked off Iowa to win the NCAA dual championships two years ago.  Austin will have J'den Cox for a workout partner.  Not a bad thing to go head to head with an Olympic medalist every day in practice.  Hope the Missouri wrestling forums are prepared for the posts that will be coming their way!!!  :) 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Wrestling Dad said:

Hope the Missouri wrestling forums are prepared for the posts that will be coming their way!!!  :) 

You obviously haven't ventured over to TigerStyle yet...he came in like a mactruck.

Yeah I just flood the boards ,you people kill me .

Yes a step up for sure a super strong schedule a super strong team and a rs freshman just broke all their strength records :)

• Downvote 1

They have their Black and Gold Tournament Nov 5 I think an in team dual not really sure if it's considered a wrestle off but I guess that would be considered as close as you could get .J'Den just came back a couple weeks ago from an Injury Mizzou had about 5 Hvys counting Austin a Hvy Coach who was an Ncaa qualifier just 2 yrs ago and Jden Austin trains with them all Jiovanetta is there as well as last yrs starter at Hvy Austin has a lot of partners .If he starts and I'm pretty sure he does he has what I consider the toughest class in college wrestling not just because of the weight but the Talent and his schedule is insane 4 top 10 guys in his first 7 matches including the #1 ranked college wrestler any weight .I Do not think there is any fr or rs freshman in the nation. Who can beat Austin 2 out of 3 I'm sure the schedule and the team is and will bring out the best in him .

As for all the smack talk about me personally I guess SOME of you are so bored you have to keep yourselves amused by slandering and talking crap along with the rest of the scumballs out there and follow obsess and creep on individuals who do what you never could ,whatever I take it as usual ,a compliment to my trophy room :) and to me being fortunate /  smart enough to be someone who never wrestled a day in High school yet still raised 2 wrestlers who dominated the sport in their area like no others and doing it better than any of you or anyone you know  ever did  .Now since I rarely post I have given you bottom feeders some morsels to keep you going ,carry on  .

I guess most haters were smart enough not to stick their foot in their mouths by blasting Austin for the transfer considering WVs issues and the strength of Missouris team and schedule still hard choices leaving a team with people you care about friends and coaches but it was all for the best and Austin wanted to go to Missouri from day 1 it worked out perfectly .

On to reg 6 HS wrestling will it be CC ,Ryle,SK,or can someone else take the top spot at regional this yr ? 

On a serious or not so serious note watching HS wrestling last yr seemed a bit strange not because of the absence of my main focus in the sport but because a reg 6 ow winner that I know  does not place at state and probably the best wrestler in the state who i had the pleasure of getting to know does not make it to state due to inj, a tough sport indeed .On the upside got to see CCs 195 place high at state having him and their former Hvy train at my gym with Austin a couple yrs back for a while and Austin and the Hvy winning titles already it was nice .Still have to say had he stuck to the program with Frankrone out he could have made it to the top .You never know what can happen in this sport .

• Downvote 1

I saw Sheffer on Campbellsville's board.  That just means they are recruiting him.  several other KY kids on there including the latest 220 lb Fargo All American.  Again, just saying they are being recruited. not saying the kids are interested or going there.

Someone told me Reed was not wrestling for a HS team this yr ?focusing on Nat tournaments ? SEEMS ODD WHEN THE ELUSIVE STATE TITLE WOULD BE THERE FOR HIM TO LOSE ?

• Downvote 1

I do believe Missouri is a good/smart move for ATM. Hope it is as good as it looks to be. I am excited for the season to start, and expect to hear some noise from many of our graduates. Brock, Boston, Trey, Shaun, Austin, Frankrone, Lampe's and the rest. Hope to see a few AA's soon!

On 11/1/2016 at 7:57 AM, NatureBoy said:

Someone told me Reed was not wrestling for a HS team this yr ?focusing on Nat tournaments ? SEEMS ODD WHEN THE ELUSIVE STATE TITLE WOULD BE THERE FOR HIM TO LOSE ?

I wish we could've seen Reed win his state title but I guess it wasn't meant to be

A source told me Frankrone won't be wrestling this year and his name isn't on the UNC roster but that's all I know/am going to say on the matter