Sign in to follow this  
coachteater

St. Catherine College Closing

Truly bad news for the Wrestlers. I bet most of the other colleges have already exhausted their scholarship funds for their programs for this upcoming year. This is going to limit transfers drastically I bet. I wonder how many are now going to have to sit out a year. This is going to make the 2017 recruitment even more competitive in the State. Wonder how many LOI's get cancelled this year to allow better talent to come in. This is going to be interesting to watch the next few months to see who looses scholarship money from KY teams to make room for those who have greater talent from Saint Catharine's.

That would be nice to but the only school I see which could support a wrestling program would be Bellarmine. Its not super hard to get in but you better have good HS grades and a fairly good ACT score of 22 or higher. This school will really push you academically. I am also counting out UofL because they had entertained the Idea about 2 years ago and never committed on the program.  But who knows they may now change their mind.

Just so people will know yes this is really a tough time for the kids that had plans to attend St. Catherine's or already did but Coach Adams has been great trying to stay in contact with the kids. My son Skyler Martinson is like most waiting to see where he will be attending some have already moved on to other schools such as Lindsey Wilson and Campbellsville. We have been told there will be a final decision this Tuesday as to were the entire team will be wrestling next season. From the information we have yes Bellarmine is one of those the other Midway in Lexington but anything can still happen there is lots to figure out with every kid having different financial  concerns as well as locations and academics so we will have to see where these kids land. Me for one I am thankful for Coach Adams taking so much time to be keeping all the kids updated and assured in a time that has put pressure on these young men.  I just pray for all these young men to find a new home that suits them. Also wish all the other students who woke up Thursday with no college to call home anymore all sports and     students wish you well. I will post again when we know for sure hope this helps clear up some rumors and thoughts. Good luck all.

On 6/5/2016 at 7:34 PM, panthers said:

Just so people will know yes this is really a tough time for the kids that had plans to attend St. Catherine's or already did but Coach Adams has been great trying to stay in contact with the kids. My son Skyler Martinson is like most waiting to see where he will be attending some have already moved on to other schools such as Lindsey Wilson and Campbellsville. We have been told there will be a final decision this Tuesday as to were the entire team will be wrestling next season. From the information we have yes Bellarmine is one of those the other Midway in Lexington but anything can still happen there is lots to figure out with every kid having different financial  concerns as well as locations and academics so we will have to see where these kids land. Me for one I am thankful for Coach Adams taking so much time to be keeping all the kids updated and assured in a time that has put pressure on these young men.  I just pray for all these young men to find a new home that suits them. Also wish all the other students who woke up Thursday with no college to call home anymore all sports and     students wish you well. I will post again when we know for sure hope this helps clear up some rumors and thoughts. Good luck all.

Any updates??

tja 

update St. Catherine's wrestling team as of yesterday afternoon has officially been taken over by Bellarmine University. This will be NCAA D-II  it seems as for the kids still lots of questions they are working on as Bellarmine is so much more expensive we as well as lots of others are having to officially apply today and see what will be done I am sure like my son there is lots of kids that are unsure as 20,000 a year more is a lot to figure out that's the difference between the two schools cost per year. The rest of St. Catherine's sports went to Midway college in Lexington.  Good luck all and keep these kids in your thoughts and prayers as they try and find new places to wrestle.