Sign in to follow this  
Nike Man

Where was ?????!

Sure he was on the bottom of the bracket the second place finisher just above him and the eventual sixth placer above that person .worst draw possible as the best you can do if you lose before semis is fifth and six he was winning his first match then got taken down and pinned by the eventual runner up .came back had one bye then rattled off 5 wins two against monsters one a 6 foot 5 Wisconsin wrestler another in the 5th place match against a big kid who beat chackonis  the dapper Dan heavy winner two matches earlier to knock him out Austin ahead two to one after a quick td  in the first gets another td puts kid straight on his back and gets the pin at 127 of the first .gets fifth in the OPEN as a true fresh .He wrestled extremely well and surprised even me kind of .He is without a doubt one of the best freshman in the country and has the biggest heart of any wrestler out there . HE WILL BE A MULTIPLE X A A in college he's freaking incredible .There you go as you can see I am happy:) and he wore his team KY  singlet :)kid he pinned for fifth has a win against WVs starter last yr Austin will be ready when his time comes .

Edited by Captain America
  • Downvote 1

That's awesome Chris. Austin will no doubt be a multiple D1 AA. I am glad he is finding success on the D1 level. Can't wait to see him, Boston, the Ervin's, Jayce Carr, all of the Lampe's , along with any and all of the former KY high school greats to succeed. 

So much for him running from people he just entered one of the toughest college opens in the country and passed on the fresh soph class that had a finalist who couldn't place in a tournament  he won and who he has Teched and lost his first match and came back to win out .All heart the best period soon to be kys  best ever at every level .Anyone watching him tonight would agree he already IS

• Downvote 1

Brock had a great weekend. Won both his matches and put up 10 pts in both. Winning once by major decision.

I saw Larson is starting for Iowa St. in place of Boston.   He had 4 pins in the Cyclone Open.

• Upvote 1

So much for him running from people he just entered one of the toughest college opens in the country and passed on the fresh soph class that had a finalist who couldn't place in a tournament  he won and who he has Teched and lost his first match and came back to win out .All heart the best period soon to be kys  best ever at every level .Anyone watching him tonight would agree he already IS

That was a nice run through the consos at MSU.

• Upvote 1

Yeah he hit a stud right off the eventual runner up had the lead got taken down and turned haven't seen him pinned since about 3rd or 4th grade .hard to stop a 6 5 monster but he did after that never prouder of either of my boys

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I know he went 0-2 in the Fr/So division at MSU, but it was good to see Stephen's name on a bracket. Also good to see Tessari back in action. Cam lost to Ruschell in qtrs then ran the conso table in dominating fashion to take 5th.

• Upvote 1

Yes Stephen lost 2 close ones there last yr to Heffernon who won the open .

Not many kids would be wrestling at all with the injuries he had last yr added to the ones he has already had .No one there any Braver than him he will adjust and overcome .

SAW TESSARI Reuschell match Tessari looks as if he could drop but who knows.TJ looked a lot bigger to me .and Tessari needs a Haircut but so do I so to each their Own..Kind of Shocked Austin goes 5 and 1 and has no matches on flo Haines goes 2 n 2 and has 3 I think Chaconis dnp and Austin totally dominated  the guy who knocked Chaconis out and their match is on there Chaconis in a few lol I saw 4 of Austins matches two were totally unreal he wrestled smart strong and perfect what he had to do to come back .Not sure why  the only guy in class with as many wins as him was the winner And Austin was the only true freshman to place in his classs.Best he has ever wrestled coming off a not so good week at the Hokie but a great one the previous week before that ,I think he is working things out and rather quickly looking forward to seeing him in a year I think he will contend for an AA  spot as  rs fresh  and go on from there .of course I'm Bias or am I just going off of his performances :)

• Downvote 1

I wonder if Boston is hurt or they are giving both quality time in the starting spot I know Nathan won the wrestle off pretty handly and wrestled Joey Dance to a 3-2 match Dance a top ten kid who just beat the number 1 kid in the countrycountry.

I wonder if Boston is hurt or they are giving both quality time in the starting spot I know Nathan won the wrestle off pretty handly and wrestled Joey Dance to a 3-2 match Dance a top ten kid who just beat the number 1 kid in the countrycountry.

what was score of wrestle off?  Larson is obvs no pushover but I expected Boston to be starter after I saw he lost to Dance only on riding time.  Iowa St got slaughtered in that dual btw.   Earl Hall was their only win and it was in OT.

I think it was 8-3 or 7-3. And yeah after that close of a match with Dance I figured he would be the starter considering the roll Dance is on wondering if weight is an issue or his knee is giving him trouble or they are just giving both ample time to start. Even if giving both time at the starting spot I figured he would wrestle in Iowa states open tournament that was not the case.

I THINK Austin could start he came back after his loss last week won five straight and pinned Bunce in the first after getting a 4 to 1 lead advantage And Bunce won The Lou  Parisi open this week with WVs Starter taking fifth there GEURNICK WHO BEAT AUSTIN MFF OUT to sixth there .Hard to say I hope he red shirts like to see him a little bigger a little  stronger and in better shape for the heavies a big jump from 220 H'S to 285 College although he threw some 280 + guys with huge height advantage around a bit last week .

• Downvote 1

Not sure who you are talking about ?Austin has wrestled unattached every tournament ,Not sure who else you would be questioning .As far as Red shirting ,You get one rs yr and you can get an injury rs that I think some people and coaches are probably abusing.