Sign in to follow this  
BGmom4wrstlng

No wrestling in BG, insane? yes!!!

Just moved here from Dayton OH where wrestling is a mainstay of high schools and youth leagues alike and here there isn't even a whisper of wrestling....??? Why? Anyone have any idea why there isn't a wrestling team for 100miles in a heavily populated city like BG that has several high schools within its own city limits providing ample competition? Is it the Bible Belt influences causing this oppression of an amazing sport?

I lived there for 8 years after living in Indiana for 30yrs and just moved to Frankfort 6 months ago. Glad to say I am back in the wrestling lifestyle.  I tried to get a program started in BG...there was absolutely no interest. I tried all 5 of the schools in Warren county and the Parks and Rec. The Park and Rec said they would rent me a space, but no mats. Football and Baseball is big Business in BG, if you do anything to that may take numbers away from those programs you will not get any sort of support.  Good luck.

Clarksville TN, Owensboro ,Ratcliff and Etown is going to be your closest wrestling programs.

Edited by RTRBURN