Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2015/2016 - PRESEASON OCTOBER 2

We have a number of updates to share as we head into the All-Star Classic weekend and ultimately the official high school season in 2 weeks.  The feedback we are hearing has ranged from direct notice that kids are changing weights or reliable information that some kids are pretty heavy relative to projected weight classes.  I guess we will all get a better idea where the weight will fall in the next 6-8 weeks as body fat testing is completed.  Until then we will make the best guesses we can.  Enjoy.

Leave some questions or comments and we will try to provide a response in our next video in about a week or so.

WR Rankings 2015_16 PRE OCT2.pdf

what a year this is going to be for the fans! for the past several years there were clear favorites in several classes, Brock, Austin, Shaun,

Tyler, Lampe's etc. Now, looking at the names at the top of the weight classes is exciting!  I do not envy you guys trying to rank these guy's.  I will attempt some commentary of my own, with admittedly little overall information on records or statistics.

starting at 113)

Tanner Yenter 2nd in state last year falling to Saul Ervin in the finals. got the first takedown. score something like 6-2. I think

120) Hurst, state champ 2 years ago, was 1-1 with Wells , winning at the rumble and lost at state. but Moore still has a Slim edge.

126) Zane- Ervin  I'm drooling  132) OMG 3 returning state champs is this for real? 138) if I had to bet (which I don't ) The #4 horse looks good to me. 152) 2 returning state champs. 160) 3 super studs.  170) I thing Cornett handles 2 time state champ, Thankfully they are from the same region so if they meet at state it will be in the finals. I see lot's of great matches coming our way. can't wait.

Agree this year is going to be fun. 160 & 170 will be interesting. If Meimen stays at 160 others will drop and if he goes up to 170, then we have the current 160 Champion and 170 Champion. That would be a great finals match. 

Did you realize that Derrick Smallwood is not on this current ranking?  Did I miss something?

I am assuming since he transferred to John Hardin and North Hardin just picked up a Coach, Smallwood would be ineligible this year unless he returns to North Hardin. But i trully do not kno if that is why.

I am assuming since he transferred to John Hardin and North Hardin just picked up a Coach, Smallwood would be ineligible this year unless he returns to North Hardin. But i trully do not kno if that is why.

If this is true then the same would be for Clayton Hanson who is now at St. X. 

If this is true then the same would be for Clayton Hanson who is now at St. X. 

Not sure about that. Saint X is not a public School and also he was out last year due to a shoulder injury. He did not compete in 2014/15. So i think he is G2G. But really I am not sure. I guess it will be up to KHSAA.

Zane over Saul is bold but Ranger sees these kids in the off season A LOT more than I do.

I have no numbers to back it up but I feel like Hurst has beat Wells more than just once at Rumble.  But last year in semis Wells just dominated him.  The best I've ever seen Brady wrestle...which is exactly what it takes to win in February. Moore is for sure the top of that bunch right now.

Team Rankings are INTERESTING but its too early to argue about all that yet.  Can't wait for the season to start, its gonna be one of the most fun and most competitive in KY's history.

And if 132 stays like that HOLY CRAP. I don't think there's ever been a weight class that stacked in KY.  That is some Ohio or Pennsylvania shit right there. Three LEGIT D-1 kids.

• Upvote 1

I know know eligibility is a touchy issue to talk about and we generally discourage it, but I will address the Smallwood case as Mr Smallwood has been very open and up front on the situation. They transferred to John Hardin with the understanding that Derrick would very likely not be eligible and they were fine with that situation. No questions complaints or arguments. It is what it is. With that said I am amazed at the hard work and effort I have seen from Derrick this summer knowing the situation he faces. That's one of the main reasons I wanted to include him in the event Sunday. 

Since I don't want to make to a whole new thread I'll just mention here that if you follow my Region 1 Rankings don't worry they are still incoming, I just want to wait until hydration tests for my first rankings. I'm not going to let the fact I'm now coaching in Region 4 take away from me still being a Region 1 guy haha

• Upvote 1

Personally I just cannot imagine AJ Bindner leaving high school without an individual state championship. I just can't picture it. 

Brossart Ryle is going 106 which will force Horton to 113 and after his victory over holub at regionals last year should put him in the mix also thirteen is gonna a be an absolute dog fight as well as 132

Brossart Ryle is going 106 which will force Horton to 113.

Assuming Brossart beats Horton.  Caggiano and Lee will also be in the mix at 106 for the Raiders.

Edited by Chris Duke

Can't wait to see how Tom Ketchen Carter does. I don't know that there are 19 better 106s than him.

Also; just out of curiosity what is the reason for Tristan Garcia consistently being ranked as high as he is (15th)? Kaden Darbro ranked 21st, despite having a well under .500 record but who also beat Tristan at regionals?

Not questioning. Just asking for insight. 

Edited by 385
  • Upvote 1

HOW ABOUT THIS BIG ANOUNCEMENT!!!! I will be wrestling 145. Guess that changes the rankings considerably. Good luck to all this season :)

Sincerely,

AJ BINDNER

• Downvote 2

Iroquois line up so far: this is only returning wrestlers:

106: Anthony Carter ( wrestled as an alternate at state)

132: Ansar Kurbonav( wrestled at state)

145: Darion Sheirfield( DNP in Region)

182/195( undecided): Bilal Mamedov( Wrestle to blood round in state)

220: Brandon Reed

HVY: Shakiem Boyd and Laton Bray( both DNP in region)

And a few more will show up after football, our new coaches name is

Tom Mckenna

• Upvote 2

Just posting this to let everyone know the team is slowly recovering and will have a few more experiences guys this year, thats all. Like aj said , good luck to all this season, REED out.

• Upvote 2