Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2015/2016 - PRESEASON AUGUST 15

After last month's update we received a few notes from across the state so following is an August update to also reflect some school changes that we are aware of.  A few notes:

1) Trinity and Union still ahead of the pack

2) St Xavier jumps into the top 5 with a couple new kids in the lineup

3) big changes at North Hardin; new coaching staff (TBD) and some kids moving out

4) not much changing at the #1 spots, but some shuffling around below

5) some weight shifting in the lightweights

6) the hammer weight of 132 appears to be shifting to 126, although Duncan remains at 132 even though he is registered for 129 at the Indiana Hoosier Open

WR Rankings 2015_16 PRE AUG15.pdf

these have been posted for 4 days without anyone commenting about how their son is ranked too low. man back to school must have folks busy.

thanks for taking the time to do these.  man, 120-138 is a buzzsaw.  you've got former state champs not ranked in the top 3. 

106 and 113 look a little weak at the top. that may change.

Oldham and Johnson Cent ranked so high looks odd then you go thru and look at the guys they have ranked in top 10 and it seems legit.

I think a sleeper team to break into top 8 is Henry Clay.

Well Dutch had a plan and it became a reality. Over a year ago he started poking at me about filming a show to talk about the rankings and we finally did it. We wanted it to be fun and hopefully explain some of our thinking while generating some discussion. Our techno skills aren't off the charts and YouTube was less than cooperative so it took almost 48 hrs for me to get these posted and I had to break them into 2 separate videos. Anyway enjoy and give us some feedback (please no comments about how good looking we are or our beautiful hair, we are both happily married).

This is a start and something we hope to be able to do semi-regularly. We will try to keep them shorter in the future.

http://youtu.be/Ic0WsJfOmrc

http://youtu.be/eQ4wYygI7ig

Edited by Ranger123

Ranger/Dutch,

EXCELLENT WORK!!  I really enjoyed the analysis and can appreciate the effort.  Your passion for the sport is evident.  I look forward to future episodes.  I think "It is not about your kid" is a pretty good title.  Maybe "Just Wrestle" or "Kentucky Wrestling R&D"  Thank you both for adding value to the sport and promoting it for the state.  I know the kids appreciate it.  

Terry

That was the first take. We will cut down the rambling and the clicking of my pen next time.

We haven't had any death threats so far. Sounds like most people enjoyed hearing about wrestling.

Lol! I did notice the pen clicking, but I was not going to be the first person to say anything!! Haha! Seriously, I thought you guys had great insight on the weight classes. I don't mind the "rambling". To me that's just more insight. You guys did great!

Pen clicking, my daughter making random appearances on screen, me sitting on a booster seat, ...

Good fun feedback. No prep or practice so we will keep working at it and getting better. Actually looking forward to more of these and upgrading and improving our format (interviews, tournament previews, and who knows what other surprises).

I will add that Emma has spent most of her life sitting in a gym watching her brothers wrestle so she probably figured she deserved some face time.

I'm sure Emma more than deserves her time on camera. If she is like any other little sister in this sport, she has had to sit through more than her fair share!! Haha! Seriously, the interview idea brings a whole new level to what you guys are doing. I love it! Keep it coming guys.

Thanks for taking the time out to do this! I wonder if a public access cable channel would pick this show up?

Should be a great season for all our kids involved. We'll see who really wants it this year but I think there's definitely a ton of upsets coming. Thanks again!!

Thanks for taking the time to do the video. It was good to see how you came up with your rankings. Thought the comments on my son Collin were funny and what you said about Landon Young and his dad were spot on. I've met a lot of good people in this sport and his dad is one of the nicest ones. 

Why Is Duncan from Central so low at 170?

mostly due to some losses he took (twice to Childers from Meade, once to rademaker from south old ham, and the loss to non-sq Burke from manual). Limited top notch wins to justify overlooking those losses. 

Hadn't checked the website in a while and came across the video. Awesome job guys! 

Loved it. Keep the title of "It's Not About Your Kid." For that is perfect. 

Get yourselves a professional hair and makeup artist and you'll be ready for ESPN! 

JK , for real though, great job. Keep the videos coming.

120 is locked up. Nobody touches saul ervin he wins with bonus points all the way through. Just like VEGA!!.:)

go check your bracket again. Didn't quite happen that way