Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2015/2016 - PRESEASON JULY 10

Great Job guys-I think you have it dead on at 138-TRENT JOHNSON #1 no doubt about it!!

Personally have witnessed these 2 go at etc. Bindner wins handily. But were talking about practice. Practice man whats practice -iverson

Bindner. Erdman. Duncan all win. Sheffer takes the l this year.

Personally have witnessed these 2 go at etc. Bindner wins handily. But were talking about practice. Practice man whats practice -iverson

Bindner. Erdman. Duncan all win. Sheffer takes the l this year.

Sheffer takes the I , as in a loss ?

Could be some love?

Everyone loves Bryce right?

Good one Ranger! I'm definitely a Bryce fan! Get's the shirts ready!

ELB...Everyone loves Bryce!!

Could be some love?

Everyone loves Bryce right?[/quote

You can't live in western ky and get love unless your an Ervin lol

Well I will chime in since I already told Ranger my thoughts on his ranking at 138.Rankings are all based on past performence,they should not be who you think may or may not win.Last year I said Trent Johnson  was my sleeper at 138 and that was before he beat Vasquez.Then after he beat him  a lot of people were saying Trent should be ranked 1,and i disagreed. Rankings have to be determined by consistency of a wrestler and trent would turn around and lose to someone else so how do you jump him to number 1. You can't just base it on a couple of matches and say oh this guy should be number 1.Not one person on this forum would rank Aj above Bryce just bc Bryce has 2 state titles(even though Aj has won 3 out of 4 meetings.Bryce brought it at State and thats what people remember the most).You have to go by over all accomplishments and head to head so there is noway Leak or Johnson would be seated at a tournament higher that AJ.I am not saying they couldn't win but there is noway they should be ranked higher.Yes and rankings aren't that big of a deal until the local newspaper puts out articles(that kids and parents love to read),then they just dwell on who is ranked higher bc they only look at Rangers rankings.I have watched big articles writen about guys AJ beat but nothing said about him bc he was ranked lower.Aj has never finished any KY state(ele,ms,hs) lower than 3rd except when he got a concussion and couldn't finish.He has beaten rangers preseason rankings every year.So if were talking rankings he would be number 1 at 38 unless a state champ moves to that weight or he loses to some of the other guys.But hell i have to thank ranger again i thought he was fading away but you know the old saying about let sleeping dogs lie.I will say I could never do all the weight classes bc i don't watch them enough and ranger does a good job over all but he mised on 138(if them guys even go that weight).

Well I will chime in since I already told Ranger my thoughts on his ranking at 138.Rankings are all based on past performence,they should not be who you think may or may not win.Last year I said Trent Johnson was my sleeper at 138 and that was before he beat Vasquez.Then after he beat him a lot of people were saying Trent should be ranked 1,and i disagreed. Rankings have to be determined by consistency of a wrestler and trent would turn around and lose to someone else so how do you jump him to number 1. You can't just base it on a couple of matches and say oh this guy should be number 1.Not one person on this forum would rank Aj above Bryce just bc Bryce has 2 state titles(even though Aj has won 3 out of 4 meetings.Bryce brought it at State and thats what people remember the most).You have to go by over all accomplishments and head to head so there is noway Leak or Johnson would be seated at a tournament higher that AJ.I am not saying they couldn't win but there is noway they should be ranked higher.Yes and rankings aren't that big of a deal until the local newspaper puts out articles(that kids and parents love to read),then they just dwell on who is ranked higher bc they only look at Rangers rankings.I have watched big articles writen about guys AJ beat but nothing said about him bc he was ranked lower.Aj has never finished any KY state(ele,ms,hs) lower than 3rd except when he got a concussion and couldn't finish.He has beaten rangers preseason rankings every year.So if were talking rankings he would be number 1 at 38 unless a state champ moves to that weight or he loses to some of the other guys.But hell i have to thank ranger again i thought he was fading away but you know the old saying about let sleeping dogs lie.I will say I could never do all the weight classes bc i don't watch them enough and ranger does a good job over all but he mised on 138(if them guys even go that weight).

Exactly. Leak caught a bit a fire at state. Does that mean hes better than aj? No way. Johnson got 4th. Whats the reasoning for ranking him 1? Its one weight class jump. Now that being said there is nothing saying those guys couldnt be beaten by each other. But you dont rank them how you THINK until it happens.

My personal opinion; Nate Wheeler will do better than 9th.

Agreed, I think wheeler will be a top 6. He's pretty rough and scrappy for his age!

As for transfers it depends on the district and how much they push it and how good the fake addresses are for the transferred kid we lost one last year that still lives in our school district. I wouldn't count on anything the kids from our school shouldn't have been allowed but was you just have to wait and see how the politics goes down. Its wrong but happens.