Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2015/2016 - PRESEASON JULY 10

Well, it has been a relatively quiet summer on this site, so let's see if we can get some 2015/16 talk going with some updated rankings.  Not a ton of weight updates, but the changes that are coming in are some big ones.  A few interesting notes to spark discussion:

- not sure how many of these kids will make it back to 106, but at this point it looks to be a pretty tough weight next season

- 132 is a hammer weight; Dutch and I went had a lot of discussion on the order at the top where we really have 1a/1b/1c, it basically came down to a seeding meeting discussion with a returning champ at the same weight, a multiple time champ coming up 2 weights, and another returning champ moving up one weight; Duncan wasn't a big 132 last season but I expect him to be a good size kid here next season; what can you say about Sheffer all he does is win; and the Birdman is a freak when he is on his A game; this could be a very interesting weight

- 220 is wide open with the departure of ATM

- I see Union and Trinity still in a dead heat; can Union pull out a few more high placers or can Trinity get some kids to grind out some consolation wins?  Or will a dark horse like Fern Creek surprise us all?  Will be interesting to see how it plays out?

I've heard a few rumors about transfers, but won't reflect that until school starts and things are confirmed.  I'm sure there are a ton more weight changes, but I can only reflect what I "know" so shoot me updates as you have them.

WR Rankings 2015_16 PRE JUL10.pdf

WR Rankings 2015_16 PRE JUL10.xlsx

I heard a unsubstantiated rumor about some kids transferring into Henry Clay that would instantly put them in top 5. No, I will not repeat the rumor.

also heard rumor as well,We shall see. Henry clay will be tough reguardless.

also heard rumor as well,We shall see. Henry clay will be tough reguardless.

hahaha no me and coach teater didn't tell each other the rumor, although I was curious if he had heard the same thing and now I know he did.  Could be HUGE for KY wrestling if its true.

This is brandon, yea i am thinking of transferring. Its a huge possibility with my coach being gone and my training partner (Bilal Mamedov) possibly being out of next season for an injury he got during our rugby season. id love to practice with someone like frankrone everyday too. I was wondering how A.J binder and the kid from Desales did it, i mean switch schools and still wrestle the next season? anyone know

Brandon this is AJs dad.We moved from Oldham county to jefferson.I am sure there are other ways to change schools because even if i had not moved i would have faught the khsaa over him being ineligible because we left st.x because of the financial strain and it in no way can be a kids fault for that.but in your case the circumstances are different so be careful.

WristControl, have these kids had a previous history in KY?

heard it was the lawsons. But I've since saw on yappi that they are still in Ohio, around Columbus.

Back in 05 Jordan Lewis transfer from Ballard to X I believe (maybe Trinity) and was deemed ineligible by KHSAA his senior year.  He wanted to move because Ballard lost their coach.  He was a state champ his Soph year and 3rd his Jr. year. 

If a coach leaves the program a kid should be able to transfer with no penalty.  Happened to me.  But my parents established a new address to make sure I could attend the school of my choice for one year. Not every kid has that option.

And yes the rumor was the Lawson's returning to KY, it came out of ETC's room. No idea how Henry Clay became the school of choice.  I don't buy the rumor's validity but it sounds like Ranger and coachteater think they will stay in OH. 

Since grappler-of-old brings it up: what happened to Ballard?  They were pretty good for a bit in mid-2000's....do they have a program anymore?

As for transfers it depends on the district and how much they push it and how good the fake addresses are for the transferred kid we lost one last year that still lives in our school district. I wouldn't count on anything the kids from our school shouldn't have been allowed but was you just have to wait and see how the politics goes down. Its wrong but happens.

Woodford lower weights will really have to experiment with lineups to see what is best fit.  Very stacked from 132 down.  If Yost could get in lineup at 106 I could see him winning state. Very tough young wrestler.