Ranger123

2015 Ranger Report

I've kept quite about a wrestler all year while his rankings didn't reflect his skills, but reading this report is a slap in the face to this kid. Riley Hawes at 152 has done pretty good this year. He has 2 losses at 152. One to Barton in the finals of the Dragon and one to Ray in the Semis of Region. All of his results are on Track. He wrestles in some pretty good tournaments that get state recognition so I don't know how his accomplishments get overlooked.

He's 2-1 against Ray (I think Ray is underrated too)

He's beat Hoffman everytime they wrestled this year

He's beat Reithauer multiple times this year

The kid is for real and no one at 152 wants to see him in their bracket, including Ackley in the second round.

Rankings are in dissaray .seems some used the break to advantage others fell apart a bit ,coaches always talking about peaking ,I never really put a huge amount of stock into it except when reffering to the beginning of the season after six or eight weeks a kid should be ready , staying at the peak level when not wrestling is a different story or when you are wrestling a ton or man in a row it can be hard .either way saw some great matches ,thumbs up to Casey Cornett ,one heckuva wrestler and very smart or well coached or both wrestled frankrone to the wire ,cornett seemed in great shape frankrone did not although he controlled most of the match .Kid that beat sparh was on a tear he had a huuuuge gas tank ,wrestled like a college wrestler all three periods on the offense and even when he was down never quit , sucks for cc but it is what it is that kid had a motor .

Raynell wrestled the best i have ever seen him setting up shots and moving for a big boy not sure how it goes with Johnson but he looked darn good .as did Johnson .Interested to see if Hameidan gets past Ferris at 220 ???

Fern creek kids look in shape and as if they hit the gym thumbs up to them ,the red headed foul mouth lady in green wearing the x is annoying as always ,Miozza is a beast ,Erdman rolled Hurst torched some kids ,wells had a close one that he took off on later in the match ,Austin with a twelve second pin another in the opening of the second and 3 wins away from a whole lotta stuff .

Kid who got shot won a freaking match that was impressive as i told one of our very good wrestlers who did not make it and brought it up ,Maybe some more kids need to take some schrapnel next yr ,JK not funny at all but very impressive to never say die literally Awesome job kid should get a Superman tat ,bullets dont hurt me H2LL yeah

Wells and Hurst had the toughest 2nd rd matchups of the top 5 guys (Castellano and Regaldo aren't slouches and both might make podium) and Brady and Tucker still pulled away late and won convincingly. That will help them tomorrow since everybody's got some dust to knock off. Except maybe Meyers who looked very sharp and deadly

Max Andreoni had the #5 kid from Cooper in the 2nd round, won a tight 5-3 match.

That was a great match. Didn't like the stall calls on Andreoni bc he was out to the side, not on hips, and working tilts. I meant toughest matchups in the 113 2nd round.

Congratulations to the region 7 106'ers for a very deep showing -  3 of 4 make the podium and all 4 do damage and survive to day 2.  Bender, Wallace, Miller, and Deck all brought quality wrestling to the show, and elevated the competitive level of that bracket considerably.  Nice job guys.