Ranger123

2015 Team KY Youth

Parents, coaches, wrestlers - qualifier for the 2015 team will be at Woodford County on Saturday March 14. We will share details at that event for all of the qualifiers. Basic details are cost of $225 that includes singlet and team gear and entry into Heartland National duals. Get registered for the trials on trackwrestling now and earn a spot on our national team.

If you are interested in Team KY and can't make the trials please let your coach know and he will send myself and Jason Moore an email with the reason the can't compete and the weight class they would like to challenge for. Remember you will still have to pay the competitor fee when you come to challenge for the spot.

I noticed a few 7th graders signed up for the youth trials at Woodford. I thought this was limited to 6th grade and under AND 13 years old and under?

The flyer for the Heartland tournament says: "Grade verification (report card or official letter from an elementary school authority) will be required for all wrestlers. This event is for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th graders. A wrestler cannot be in this event if he or she is 14 years old or older. Please be prepared to show proof of age if challenged."

The part about grade verification seems to indicate that 7th graders wouldn't be eligible even if they are still 13. I would think that we would want the trials at Woodford to be consistent with the requirements for Heartland... But perhaps I am missing something, or those kids listed as 7th graders are really in 6th and under and justed registered incorrectly on Track.

They normally are sometime after State Tournamnet is over. Maybe around March but nothing is set. Is like to see it in Northern Kentucky or Louisville where our numbers are better. 

On 3/3/2015 at 11:32 AM, Ranger123 said:

Parents, coaches, wrestlers - qualifier for the 2015 team will be at Woodford County on Saturday March 14. We will share details at that event for all of the qualifiers. Basic details are cost of $225 that includes singlet and team gear and entry into Heartland National duals. Get registered for the trials on trackwrestling now and earn a spot on our national team.

Hey Ranger hope things are well for you and the family,

I tried to register my son but was not able to.  It states registration is closed.  When will it open back up?  

15 hours ago, Will's Dad said:

Hey Ranger hope things are well for you and the family,

I tried to register my son but was not able to.  It states registration is closed.  When will it open back up?  

This is a thread from last year, and the link is last year's qualifier tourney.  As far as I know, no information has been released about 2016 Youth Team KY.