Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2014/2015 - FEBRUARY 16 FINAL

Okay, the state tournament is upon us and the season is coming to a close.  Following are the final rankings heading into the big show.  Regional results are reflected and carry a little more weight that some results during the season (these last couple weeks are the most important matches of the year).  These DO NOT reflect any of the state tournament draws.  That work is in progress and will be posted in the next couple days before we all head to Lexington to cough and sneeze and enjoy some great wrestling.

WR Rankings 2014_15 FEB16_FINAL.pdf

I think at 120 your overlooking Hunter Knoth from Meade county Region 2. He placed in regions and qualified for states and has approx 34 wins this year. He is 1-1 against goodin from La Rue and you have him ranked but not Hunter Knoth. I know it's difficult and judgement but I think he should make the list.

This is ranking not who made it to state. So yes that means there are some kids who will be sitting at home this weekend who are "better" than some of the kids wrestling at state. It happens every year. You have some stacked regions where good kids don't make it.

The other thing people need to keep in mind is being a sq doesn't automatically mean a kid should be ranked. Yes it is great to make it to state but double check some kid's resume and you will likely see that a few kids they have lost to are not ranked either. There are a lot of names on the "list" just outside the posted rankings so some of the kids mentioned aren't completely overlooked.

I think at 120 your overlooking Hunter Knoth from Meade county Region 2. He placed in regions and qualified for states and has approx 34 wins this year. He is 1-1 against goodin from La Rue and you have him ranked but not Hunter Knoth. I know it's difficult and judgement but I think he should make the list.

He did beat goodin, yes he did. But Levi won when it mattered over all

Will also add wins this weekend carry some extra weight. So those kids who feel like they are overlooked can fix that by getting the job done in Lexington.

Can't wait til Sunday when people are asking when will the "way too early 2015-2016" rankings be out lol

• Upvote 1

This is ranking not who made it to state. So yes that means there are some kids who will be sitting at home this weekend who are "better" than some of the kids wrestling at state. It happens every year. You have some stacked regions where good kids don't make it.

Also; in the case of Yashinto he is ranked despite being beaten in region by kids that are unranked. Not to harp on it or anything. Just backing my claim.

Can't wait til Sunday when people are asking when will the "way too early 2015-2016" rankings be out lol

Do you mean there not done yet?  Man Ranger whats the problem that crystal ball of yours covered in snow?  :D  :lol:  :ph34r:

It's ok I was just asking I was not trying to cause any problems or arguments or get anyone upset. It's wrestling and anyone can win or lose at anytime to anyone. I was not trying to take anything away from anyone and Levi did beat him in the region tournament and deserved the win. I was just trying to use that as an example because he was ranked and they both won and lost to each other. It's no big deal or end of the world. Just wanted to check and make sure he wasn't overlooked somehow by accident. Rankings are nice and great but in the end the only thing that matters is how you wrestle when your on the mat so best of luck to all the wrestlers. Thanks for letting me know and explaining how it was determined I appreciate it and thanks for taking the time to do everything you do for the wrestlers it's appreciated.

He's the real question for 106, how do yall believe Adam Bender from Lexington Catholic with one leg will do at the state tournament because I saw him at the WCI and he was just dominant.

I will say Adam Bender will do just fine!!  The kid is a great wrestler and can handle quite a bit!!  Even though when he was beating my wrestler  I wasn't to happy about it I wish him all the luck along with many other wrestlers.

I hate that some very good wrestlers did not make it to state because they are in a stacked Region, then you have regions that are weak and wrestlers that would not normally make it, are going in at state at 1st and 2nd seed..

I hate that some very good wrestlers did not make it to state because they are in a stacked Region, then you have regions that are weak and wrestlers that would not normally make it, are going in at state at 1st and 2nd seed..

I understand your feelings, but this was the same sentiment expressed by people when we had a sixteen man bracket.  It was also one of the reasons offered for doubling the field to 32.  You have to make a cut-off somewhere...

No he hasn't been at the same tournaments this year

Any common opponents? That's a matchup Id like to see. Hope Adam can make the finals.