Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2014/2015 - FEBRUARY 13

No Bruce didnt win a state the first year Matney won his first state title. 93 May not be the year but I think it is. Sheldon Clark had 5 to finish runner up that year. Bruce won state the following 3 years

Ruttman has four wins over Daniel this season and at this point rankings don't mean anything anymore

Actually, the wins Ruttman had over Dyess don't mean anything. Dyess won when it counted.

Boone County won the schools only State Championship in any sport in 79 with no champs

Boone County won a State title in football sometime in the 80's when Shaun Alexander was their rumming back

Agreed. Im sticking with Trent Johnson to take it all. 138 is crazily wide open though. Nobody clearly gonna win it all; nobody clearly not going to place either. Wouldnt be surprised to see some first round upsets at state.

Vasquez/Johnson round 3 in the semifinal.  Vasquez takes the rubber match.  The final will be against Spahr so long as Spahr gets past round 2.  Crazy deep group though.

Boone County won a State title in football sometime in the 80's when Shaun Alexander was their rumming back

Shaun was there in the late 90's I believe he graduated 96 or 97, I know I played against them when he was there.

They had lost in title game 4 times. 87,88,92,94

I kinda disagree with Trent Johnson taking 138 all the way, now don't get me wrong Trent Johnson is an amazing wrestler for his age and will have his time for titles but this may not be the year. Trent Johnson will have to take out Blake gamble, who is also an amazing wrestler for his age, and Vasquez who was the runner-up last year.

Gamble has been wrestling well. I look for him to turn a few heads this weekend. Johnson County as a whole has been doing well on the mats lately. I think JC will suprise a few folks at state.

Most definitely, but do you believe gamble can beat Johnson or can Johnson beat gamble

I like Johnson over Vasquez. I've seen him wrestle 3 times and has beaten highly ranked kids. He's solid technically doesn't appear that he could ever rattle.

I believe Gamble can beat Johnson but Johnson would for sure be the favorite in the match. Geordon Blanton is one that I believe

Is ready to take a huge step forward at state this year also.