Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2014/2015 - FEBRUARY 13

Happy Valentines Day!  I'm guessing many of us will spend it with our dates in a gym somewhere.  Sorry for the delay, but Dutch and I got busy at work then I fell asleep last night.

The process for next week will be: 1) post updated rankings with region results reflected (Monday) and 2) post state preview with predicted results (Wednesday).

Good luck to everyone!  Hope the weather cooperates and we can all enjoy these exciting weekends.

WR Rankings 2014_15 FEB13.pdf

Thanks.

FYI, Tate Smith of Trinity (listed at No. 4 in 220) isn't listed as competing in regionals

Same for St. X's 195 who is listed fourth

Also forgot to mention team scores. I have a dead heat at the top with Trinity and Union (alpha order for now). A small gap back to FC and CC then the pack.

Without Tate Smith I have to say Union is the major favorite at this point.

Also forgot to mention team scores. I have a dead heat at the top with Trinity and Union (alpha order for now). A small gap back to FC and CC then the pack.

Without Tate Smith I have to say Union is the major favorite at this point.

I thought every point scored at 220 was going to CC since he is the only one in that weight class. There are other injuries to point scorers that will have an impact on the team race. You just never know and that's what makes our sport the greatest. 

Wow quite a drop for Brady Emerson. Hope the kid can pick himself back up and have a good regional/state tournament.

Wow quite a drop for Brady Emerson. Hope the kid can pick himself back up and have a good regional/state tournament.

I think 138 is by far the deepest weight in the state. Probably by a factor of 2 over any other weight. With that Emerson has not been consistent since dropping down. It will take a high level effort every match at this weight to make the podium at state.

Hey ranger new to the site. I know its a tuff job to rank kids because matches dont get posted and kids move weight classes so thanks for getting rankings out for us. One thing at 152lb hawes from eastern has beat hoffman from fern creek 3 times at 160. He has three loses on the year one to a indiana placer at 170 also little from north hardin at 160 and barton beat him 11-5 @ the dragon. Once again not dragging you doin i know its extremely tuff to rank. I am extremly close to the man that used to do all of the rankings and he has repeatedly told me how tuff it is to rank kids so thank you for stepping up and getting it done.

I am not knowledgeable enough to comment on the individual rankings. That said, Henry Clay won their dual sectional, beating both Johnson Central and Lafayette. 

As an aside, Landon Young won by pin at Region 7 tourney tonight in 9 seconds. Wow.

I am not knowledgeable enough to comment on the individual rankings. That said, Henry Clay won their dual sectional, beating both Johnson Central and Lafayette.

As an aside, Landon Young won by pin at Region 7 tourney tonight in 9 seconds. Wow.

Henry clay has been hurting my brain all year. I saw them early in the season and they looked very tough and I keep expecting them to be higher in the rankings but the numbers just don't work out. That said if any team outperforms their ranking I would expect it to be Henry Clay.

Hey ranger new to the site. I know its a tuff job to rank kids because matches dont get posted and kids move weight classes so thanks for getting rankings out for us. One thing at 152lb hawes from eastern has beat hoffman from fern creek 3 times at 160. He has three loses on the year one to a indiana placer at 170 also little from north hardin at 160 and barton beat him 11-5 @ the dragon. Once again not dragging you doin i know its extremely tuff to rank. I am extremly close to the man that used to do all of the rankings and he has repeatedly told me how tuff it is to rank kids so thank you for stepping up and getting it done.

I must have missed that. I wasn't sure where to fit Hoffman in with the drop and didn't see those carryover matches.

I think 138 is by far the deepest weight in the state. Probably by a factor of 2 over any other weight. With that Emerson has not been consistent since dropping down. It will take a high level effort every match at this weight to make the podium at state.

Agreed. Im sticking with Trent Johnson to take it all. 138 is crazily wide open though. Nobody clearly gonna win it all; nobody clearly not going to place either. Wouldnt be surprised to see some first round upsets at state.

As far as team rankings go after St X won region 4 today by a margin of 49 points it shows the importance of the wrestle backs associated with the overall team score. After looking at the number of qualifiers from the list of top ten schools with Union sending 13 out of 14 weight classes I think they now become the clear favorite. A perfect example of this team element is River City who won their first team title last season without a single state champion. Of the top ten teams that Ranger has listed here are the number of qualifiers per team. 1.Trinity 10 2.Union 13 3.Fern Creek 11 4.CC 10 5.St.X 13 6.Ryle 8 7.Woodford 10 8.Oldham 11 9.Lafayette 9 10.Male 7 Looking forward to a great weekend of wrestling.