Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2014/2015 - JANUARY 14

Oh did the 1 lose to the 5

Bryan Station was the first tournament of the yr.

I was just asking if they had wrestled again and Yenter had beaten him since you said he should be ranked #1. I was not knocking anyone just asking a simple question. I don't see every match at every tournament every week and track is not always up to date.

No I said he had the best record this weekend and most would probably have him first I should have said on paper a class I am not totally familiar on nor would I claim to be ,Either way he was the one most underrated in the rankings ,a slight that someone like myself who suspects and sees plots all around finds very annoying knowing what little I do .

In other words slighting a kid so greatly on purpose because of personal issues is not an honorable thing to do and I find a lot more suspect these days all around ,

I hope young Yenter does very well at state despite any issues I may or may not have with anyone ,And I find that some people do not handle authority or any even so miniscule power over people with any true sence of honor for the sport or its young athletes ,Power corrupts total power corrupts totally ,good thing the only power that really matters is a kids power over his own destiny on the mat

Yenter is much better than his initial ranking but by no means #1 at 106. Ervin clear #1 no question in my mind. Top 5 for sure. He has a very good future ahead of him. Future state champ for sure.

I understand ,He was ranked well out of the top ten and beat two top 5 kids handily this weekend and has beaten ranked kids often this yr ,Not claiming him 1 but if I did he has earned it a lot more than a 15 or an 11 ,nowhatimean

Those that go witch hunting always find a witch even if one is not there.

Those that look for conspiracy always find one even if there is not one there.

I'm sure if we looked closely enough into every team or organization we will find fact to back any conspiracy we want.  

My thing is. Why look for it?  Everyone has an agenda whether it is conscious or not. 

Take note of the little word with a lot of meaning "IF".  I've heard of many conspiracies in my time and have looked at them from both sides.  Every time there is facts to support it and for those that can throw that conspiracy theory back onto those who try expose a conspiracy.  

It looks to me that little Yenter is following in his big brothers footsteps.  Moving up the list by leaps and bounds.  Looks like he like Mason Smith last year was overlooked by many at the beginning of the year.  

It's not about being looked over. Freshman and younger alike have to pay their dues and prove it with results. That gives pertinent data to the ranking guys to justify the rankings. Pretty simple. I know the guys very well behind the scenes. No conspiracy at all I guarantee it.

These are kids everyone knew including ranger would work their way up through the season by results.

Got my 138 and 106 ,mixed up the 1 at 138 lost to the 5 not the 1 at 106 but the 4 at 138 beat the two and the 5 who beat the 1 this yr ,bottom line ,two CC kids outdid their rankings this week the 106 by far

Well i feel like i have seen this situation before in other weight classes so my guess is no way will he move Vasquez based on his first lost to all the 138s. I think Spahr moves up to second then after that lets put a 3abcdef,it's that close

Speaking objectively, I think Spahr should move to the 1.  He didn't just beat Miller.  He controlled the whole match.  If memory serves, he beat him 9 - 4, and gave two of those points but cutting him twice.  However it worked out, there was never a moment's doubt who was controlling that match.  That being said, there are probably 15 or more legitimate contenders for the podium in the weight class.  I wouldn't be surprised to see someone not ranked place either.  It should be a lot of fun at state this year.  I think there are only 3 weights that have a clear cut leader (170, 182, 220)

The only clear cut leader is at 220 for KY State Tournament. All the others are very close with great competitors that will shake up and surprise many out there. Looking forward to it!