Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2014/2015 - JANUARY 14

The down side to waiting a full month over the holidays to update ranking is TOO MANY RESULTS!  So, we decided to go ahead and post this update without fully reflecting everything that has happened, but we got through most.  Hopefully, we can wade through the last few things this week and post another next week.  Maybe even get on a weekly update for the last few weeks of the season to reflect any last second major changes that come up.  But the end of the season gets busy, so we will see.

A few notes:

1) Toughest rankings decision of the year at 152.  Ackley hasn't done anything to lose his spot, but Barton has been on fire and has so many quality wins that he gets the nod this week.  I almost never do that, but very seldom do you see a lower ranked kid pull off that many big wins compared to the prior number 1.  I actually got to see Ackley this past weekend and he was spectacular, but he just hasn't seen nearly the same level of competition.  I am really looking forward to seeing these two go at it.

2) Union still has a slight lead in the team race, with Trinity close behind.  Things are starting to separate a bit at 3-6, then the field.

3) Some rumors that there are some big changes still to come at a few weights.  We will see in the next couple weeks.

WR Rankings 2014_15 JAN14.pdf

Thanks for the update Ranger! Just some info-Dante Castellano beat Cody Schultz from Scott at Kenton Co. Championships lastnight.

Also, Branden Johnson is definitely back at Dixie. He also wrestled lastnight.

"The down side to waiting a full month over the holidays to update ranking is TOO MANY RESULTS!  So, we decided to go ahead and post this update without fully reflecting everything that has happened, but we got through most.  Hopefully, we can wade through the last few things this week and post another next week."

"The down side to waiting a full month over the holidays to update ranking is TOO MANY RESULTS! So, we decided to go ahead and post this update without fully reflecting everything that has happened, but we got through most. Hopefully, we can wade through the last few things this week and post another next week."

Didn't know that meant I wasn't allowed to ask a question. Thanks for clearing that up for me

Didn't know that meant I wasn't allowed to ask a question. Thanks for clearing that up for me

there's your poster's misconduct warning, 385, for questioning Ranger's judgment.  One more and you will lose one reputation point.  :D

• Upvote 1

It is just funny how folks who only focus on their own kid or kid's weight class are so quick to pick out another's losses but fail to mention when their kid's losses are overlooked. Not saying that is the case in this situation. But things can be questioned tactfully.

It is just funny how folks who only focus on their own kid or kid's weight class are so quick to pick out another's losses but fail to mention when their kid's losses are overlooked. Not saying that is the case in this situation. But things can be questioned tactfully.

I'm just a fan of the sport, I have no children or brothers or anything wrestling. And especially not in heavyweight. I was just at that tournament and thought it would be interest to see the shake up in the rankings, that's all. As always, thanks for all that you do for fans and the sport.

I just know what a daunting task it is to put out these rankings.  All in all Ranger/Dutch do a great job.  We are lucky to have someone who commits the time to do it thats all.

First off thanks for doing all the work you do on these its got to be tough so as to help Skyler Martinson is 120 and will remain there if that will help you for the future ones. Again just to help you so we can get more of the kids in the right weight classes what you do is tough with them all moving all the time.

First off thanks for doing all the work you do on these its got to be tough so as to help Skyler Martinson is 120 and will remain there if that will help you for the future ones. Again just to help you so we can get more of the kids in the right weight classes what you do is tough with them all moving all the time.

Thanks for the update. It seems kids have been bumping all over the place this year so it is tough to know where they will land sometimes. Then with the 2 pounds sometimes you get some surprises.

If a coach, kid, or parent would like to have a wrestler considered on the rankings I would suggest sending useful post.  I would suggest listing the wrestler, tournament, and who they beat.  This is information that could be used to make an educated placement on the rankings.  It is very tough to search every team and duel that might take place each week in the state.  

When a post or private message comes across that just say's "look out for Billy at 138" or "I will show Billy that nobody wants to rank him".  This not the information that we are looking for.

Also just because a kid gets a big win over a ranked kid but has lost to 4 kids that are not ranked that is taken into consideration.

These rankings are meant to be fun and get the state talking about wrestling.  

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Raisor (13 HWT, Woodford), I have been to at least 3 tournaments with him this year and have yet to see him win a match. Also, Nolan Bowman (also HWT) from Southern picked up some wins over ranked wrestlers at WCI and should be watched.

So, true rankings don't make your kid a better wrestler your wrestler has to do that and if you kid doesn't see himself/herself ranked all the more fuel for the fire to get there!  It takes a ton of work to do these rankings and I know for fact Dutch and Ranger are great judges and very fair in what they see in a kid who is wrestling.  Rankings are just a way for others around the state to keep up with what is going on in other regions so that they have an idea of how the others look.  By no means is it a guarentee and if anyone was able to go to each and every match I'd like to see that!  Love to see the rankings to keep up with how a few great coaches can share thier insight on wrestlers we may not see till it get's closer to state.  Take all the insight you can get when it is given at not cost to you!  

I have to say that they may be for fun but they have a purpose and are used For seeding purposes in tournaments and by the media when they discuss a team or a kid ,they do have weight and purpose .That said some of them do not follow rule of thumb or the seeding procedures of most tournaments .

If they were pointless and just for kicks there would be a ton of rankings ,Newspapers and everyone else go by these rankings ?

Bowlbear rankings can make your kid a better wrestler! It all depends on how they look at it. My son was unranked going into his freshman year,with 3 ms state titles and a runner up in 4 years. That was hard for him to swallow. He then realized what i had been telling him ms and hs is a whole new ball game. He lifted so hard that summer put on 25lbs and missed the state finals by a point.I strongly believe the rankings made him a better wrestler,just all depends on your perspective. And yes pin and win keep beating that dead horse because it still needs beating,lol. I have already prepared for a terrible draw because its been that way for the last 2 years so why should i think it would change,lol