Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2014/2015 - PreSeason OCTOBER 15

It has finally arrived.  October 15, the first official day of practice.  The kickoff to the wrestling season.  So to celebrate, the last "pre" season rankings.  Soon all teams will be completing body fat tests and in a little over 6 weeks many teams will hit the mats for the first meets.  As usual, thanks to all of the coaches, wrestlers, and wrestling fans who have provided updates and input.  Keep it coming.

WR Rankings 2014_15 preseason 101514.pdf

Thanks Ranger!!! Wanted to get in a positive before the negatives start! Much appreciated what you do for Kentucky Wrestling!!!

Thanks Ranger!!! Wanted to get in a positive before the negatives start! Much appreciated what you do for Kentucky Wrestling!!!

I heard Angel Vasquez from Lafayette was cleared and good to go....138........Max Andronei from Woodford 4th ?    Really !!!......Nobody will touch Max.....Just my opinion !

Thanks Ranger....Good job as usual !!!!

Thanks Coach! Looking forward to coming back down to your place in a month.

I have heard that Angel may be cleared. Everyone loves Angel so I'm sure a ton of people are hoping it is true. I Wasn't 100% sure so I did to add him. But that's an easy change.

I heard Angel Vasquez from Lafayette was cleared and good to go....138........Max Andronei from Woodford 4th ? Really !!!......Nobody will touch Max.....Just my opinion !

Thanks Ranger....Good job as usual !!!!

One other thought. I agree Andreoni is a machine. But recall he had a loss last yr to Oxford. And although I know the woodford boys have put in a lot of work and mat time I'm pretty sure the guys in Morganfield have as well. So can Max win it at 152? No doubt. But no way I would say no one touches him. Austin Myers is likely the only kid in that category this year.

I also like belk. He is a hammer that wrestles with an attitude. I had a long debate with ranger about this. Here is some reasoning behind it.

State tourney is the ultimate measuring stick for most preseason rankings. Casey Cornett is state runner up which would give him the nod for #1. Belk has a tough draw with lampe. Green beats Ackley to take 2nd, then Ackley turns around and beats belk to take 3rd.

I think the top 4 in this weight class are all studs. I am excited to see them all match up. Hopefully I will see you at a tournament and you can let me know the rankings were wrong.

I personally like kids being the lower ranked wrestler.  i think it motivates kids and makes them feel like they have nothing to lose.  It seems like the kids at the top have more pressure than the kid trying to get there.  I see it all the time.  

I would love to see Cornett and Belk in the finals. I am a big fan of them both.

I

Anyone know what happened to Jerimiah Kline?  Pretty tough kid.  State Placer season before last.  If he's wrestling I believe he will be in the mix somewhere.

I think Austin will be touched. I mean he has to shake hands before his match...right. Just trying to add some corny humor to the board since it has been so negative as of late. Austin is a machine no doubt.

I think Austin will be touched. I mean he has to shake hands before his match...right. Just trying to add some corny humor to the board since it has been so negative as of late. Austin is a machine no doubt.

That's a good one Coach McCoy. I'm not predicting any upset, but I do like the work I've seen from your boy Chandler and hope he is able to meet Austin on the big stage rather than qtrs or semis.

Good one:)

I also like belk. He is a hammer that wrestles with an attitude. I had a long debate with ranger about this. Here is some reasoning behind it.

State tourney is the ultimate measuring stick for most preseason rankings. Casey Cornett is state runner up which would give him the nod for #1. Belk has a tough draw with lampe. Green beats Ackley to take 2nd, then Ackley turns around and beats belk to take 3rd.

I think the top 4 in this weight class are all studs. I am excited to see them all match up. Hopefully I will see you at a tournament and you can let me know the rankings were wrong.

I personally like kids being the lower ranked wrestler.  i think it motivates kids and makes them feel like they have nothing to lose.  It seems like the kids at the top have more pressure than the kid trying to get there.  I see it all the time.  

I would love to see Cornett and Belk in the finals. I am a big fan of them both.

I

Dutch, we will have to see after football ends in a few weeks.......Cornett is no small freshman anymore.

That's funny. That getting bigger seems to be going around.

I guess I probably don't want to roll around with Casey anymore.

Yep.  I know several kids that are jumping 2 weight classes, mine included.

What about Velencia from California? He beat Brock at Senior Nationals at 132 and will be wrestling 182 this weekend in Flo's who is #1. That is quite a jump.

Anyone know what happened to Jerimiah Kline? Pretty tough kid. State Placer season before last. If he's wrestling I believe he will be in the mix somewhere.

put out last year with concussions will be wrestling this year and looked good over the summer

put out last year with concussions will be wrestling this year and looked good over the summer

How big has he now?