Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2014/2015 - PreSeason AUGUST 19

I think he is visiting Northwestern and a few more before he makes up his mind .

He was very impressed with Mich State ,He missed his sr yr of Football but was on the sidelines yesterday when the Rose Bowl champs won big ,nice touch .beautiful campus .He will make a decision well before the season begins and I suspect he goes Hvy and stuns all his doubters hes a lean 225 without trying to gain and actually trying to remain close to 220 when he cuts lose and goes for it I am confident he can be a solid 255 260 lb redshirt freshman in two yrs heavier and leaner than the nat champ at hvy was this yr .no doubt he can be a 265 270 lb lean mean Collegiate wrestler in a few yrs .and I suspect he shows what he can do at Hvy this yr .LIKE TO SEE HIM HIT THE RUMBLE Gmva west virg duals and fairfield at Hvy then drop down for the sweep at 220 at state and become the first 220 lb 4 x state champ in the nation.

Thats the Plan Think he is headed to some tournament in Michigan. Michigan Grappler in sept .

Thats the Plan Think he is headed to some tournament in Michigan. Michigan Grappler in sept .

which one is in Sept?  I know of GFC in October which is a great tournament.  Also, love the Spartans!  My kid camped there a couple of years and several on the team were clinicians there as well as Boudro camp.  They are a great bunch of guys.  I would like to see them upgrade the facilities.  As a lifelong Spartan I hate that the school in Ann Arbor has better facilities and seems to get all the local to East Lansing hammers (St. Johns etc.)  Austin would look good in Green and could be the next McClure

McClure is a lot bigger than Austin he was a monster but I could see Austin being in good shape 250 260 ish in another yr or so and

I heard their weight room and equipment were Diezel .A wrestling room is a wrestling room I would rather see a place have the Tools for wrestlers to improve than the things that are meaningless .im sure Austin can make the switch to Hvy with some time And work.

Frankrone ,Smith at 182.Eli Miller at 195,

Not sure it is a much better move definatly a bad scenario for the team Outlook ,Grazi is much Bigger than last yr.

Yeah the last few times I talked to Brett he was getting bigger and bigger. He said he had been training with you guys tyr. Looked like he was prepped for a good football season.

He didnt play .He was making tremendous gains I actually tried to talk him into playing if he wasnt going to compete and do an overabundance of camps .

as is the case with many young Mat men I think he lost the eye of the Tiger growing comfortable with his gains is a mistake you cannot just lift you still have to wrestle and drill.

and the twinkle in your eye cannot take precedence over the task at hand Which is wresing not girl watching chasing or cheering on ,A lesson that is often hard learned one ATM will not be taught .

Messes up the outlook in reg six ,If Both Elis are 195 it knocks out a potential high placer for CC but I dont blame anyone for their weight choice its part of the sport .But it becomes individual based rather than team .Then again it could play out better somehow .

Regardless actually hurts my feelings lol watching atms gym partners fade when he does so much for them in and out of season .leaving him hang ticks me off .when your closest partner doesnt even show up for off season open mats its pretty bad .I will have to get Belk over to add some fire in the gym for Austin .its attitude and desire not strength and sise that make great gym partners and even. drill partners .

I will take you up on that.  Belk has been doing Spatola once a week before football.  Jon will need to get his weight down before the season.  He is also getting big.

It is a shame to hear about Angel Vasquez. He is such a talented wrestler and would have been most likely standing at the top of the podium this year at 138. He is a tough competitor, and a true sportsman. It is unfortunate to see any young athlete not be able to compete in a sport they love. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

Tyr, I am glad to hear Austin has some schools he is interested in. I know myself, like many others, curious about which school he decides to choose. He will certainly be an added asset to any team! I think he would look excellent in Red and White!!! Just saying

Messes up the outlook in reg six ,If Both Elis are 195 it knocks out a potential high placer for CC but I dont blame anyone for their weight choice its part of the sport .But it becomes individual based rather than team .Then again it could play out better somehow .

Regardless actually hurts my feelings lol watching atms gym partners fade when he does so much for them in and out of season .leaving him hang ticks me off .when your closest partner doesnt even show up for off season open mats its pretty bad .I will have to get Belk over to add some fire in the gym for Austin .its attitude and desire not strength and sise that make great gym partners Elijah miller will work out with you guys whenever you want.. he is at SK open mats every Wednesday night but can meet you wherever you guys want... He actually said something the other day that he wished he could work with Austin.. He needs a good partner to drill and lift with

excellent they could all come over everyone is welcome it would be great to have Eli Miller in the Gym when kids show up I have them train then do some wrestling specific moves and drill some standup stuff afterwards slide bye throw by arm drag series lifts and whatever they can get by with without mats we have decent sise tire out back for some core work as well 7025 alexandria pike ,just let me know when Eli or anyone else wishes to train and we can be there almost any time .

we will hit open mats on wed for sure if there are people for Austin to go with.