Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2014/2015 - PreSeason AUGUST 19

Ok ,im going to go out on a limb and say CC has a top 8 kid at state at hvy,I know they have a sr who wrestled last yr and will be again this yr from what I was told he actually won the starting spot once last yr over state runner up Sinclair and he was an undersised Hvy and has put on around 30 or so .Just saying hes not even ranked and he will be with a decent group of upper weights and had a win over a top six kid last yr.

Lol Cmon Ranger you know the kids at CC ,Why are you leaving out our potential placers .Sinclair outdid everyones expectations I think Kaufman will as well.

giving CC even more scoring points at state .

Miller should be a Champ this yr.

I was Jk pumping up my sons team as Usual but he brought it to my Attention there is another hvy there as well who is always working hard but undersised I would guess him a soph .Austin says Kaufman is much Bigger now and when he beat Sinclair he was barely into Hvy class I would think another yr of growing and training with the Football team as he is a Football player will up his game a few levels as will wrestling witH Austin and Grazziani and the the other Hvy .I think he is athletic and thats how he managed to do well last yr with 30 plus he could be anywhwere Including 1 . I am betting he places CC has a good record in the upper weights the last few yrs .If the big boy from Dixie does not wrestle the class could be wide open up to Young and anyone who can avoid getting launched by Raynel .Hopefully Kaufman trains with Grazzi and Austin some outside as Sinclair did ,if so I gaurantee he places

I would think that ranger ranking some of the CC kids lower is kind of like a dad/mom who is coaching their sons/daughters teams.  You usualy vote against your own more that you vote for them, so that people don't think you are playing favoritism. 

I'm not saying its the right way to do things just the way it is.  Look at some of the officials when they officiate against their alma mater some of them never get the questionable calls because of fear of favoritism.

Overall it doesn't really matter we will find out come Feb. who is on top and who is next in line.

I wasnt insinuating either way I figured he wasnt ranked because he didnt wrestle varsitu a lot and no one even knows this time of yr who is going to be on the mat as ranger said after hearing he may still b wrestling he will put him in im the future .All Good and I would rather outdo rankings than fall short if your #1 there is only one way to go .

Glad to see we are finally back to rankings again.  Myers said it best.  #1 can only go down.  I like watching kids climb the rankings.  I'm sure there are a few kids that will climb. 

Garcia from Male is ranked 8th at 106?  Is that the same Garcia who placed 6th last year in middle school?  He must have beat some tough kids along the way to be that high.

I would be surprised if the top 4 at 182 stay at 182 ??

160 Belk has wins over Cornett and Green last yr ,His Sr yr I think he goes out Higher than 4 no reason to hold back all or nothing I think hes a Finalist and a very possible Champ .He and Cornett should end up oppossite sides at state maybe ????

And yep 1 can only go down or scare the Heck out of everyone by improving and widening the gap .Visiting some Big ten schools in the next few weeks starting with the Spartans and a Trip to see his old state champion team member Garth Yenter .Fun times

Beautiful campus and scenery .A big monster Hvy nat placer at Mich state may make 197 look a whole lot more enticing or send someone back working harder .

I agree Tyr, I think Belk is in the finals this year.  Has an excellent chance at a State Title.

Michigan State might be a nice fit for Austin and fairly close which would be nice.

Mason looks good in that Green..... Should be Black and Orange... lol

I have always been a big fan of coach Knable at St. X

Nice Subway singlet. I need to get my kid a White Castle singlet.

Stacy actually designed it. White Castle would be pretty funny.

Decent Chance he is at a big ten school hes smart he likes their bids to nationals ,think he is visiting Northwestern as well they are loaded and a few others ,I do know Austin and the Mich State coaches hit it off well still I know he is very undecided.

Austin and Belk and Erdman are good friends its not really a team thing with guys like them its a sport and you admire the kids who go the extra mile do the extra work and extra tourneys those kids have more in common and gravitate towards each other .they could have teammates who half ass it and show up for a letter and would laugh when their friends from another team beat them ,its respect .I think reg 6 has a ton in the finals this yr and a few more placers than anticipated .If Johnson I think from Dixie wrestles it would be a very big state showing for the reg a total blowout in the upper weights .And I think everyone would have liked to see Coach B bump Austin to wrestle him ala Stephen Kevin.

Angel Vasquez from Lafayette will no longer be able to wrestle or play sports. Unfortunately they have found a medical condition and he's been advised to not play any sports. My thoughts and prayers go to this great young man. It's sad a sports career cut short, but good that it was caught.

Angel Vasquez is an awesome young man. This is very sad. I had a chance to coach him when he was on TEAM KY at the MS Level. It was an honor and privilege to coach him and get to know him on a personal level. My prayers go out to him and his family. I wish him the best.

Hang In there KID. You will always be a CHAMPION in my book!

Coach Roth