Sign in to follow this  
takedownartist

Ranger

Ranger I realize you may busy but we all are busy and have a full plate this time of the year.

I am guessing if you plan to post new rankings soon or whenever? It's Jan 27, the last update was Dec 17. You do a great job, when you choose do them. If you would lets us know it would be appreciated by all of wrestling or seek assistance to get them updated.

THANKS!

• Upvote 1

Folks need to learn to chill. Ranger does this not because he has to, but because he wants to and enjoys doing it. What folks don't -- or won't, actually -- realize is that Ranger is a busy man this time of year.

So sit back, relax and take a freaking chill pill.

• Upvote 1

Agreed, Ranger is quite busy but.......you have to understand peoples requests as well. If your newspaper is late to customers, don't they call and ask where their papers are? This is not a knock on Ranger at all, for I know that he is a very busy man that does the rankings because he loves the sport. But when someone more or less sets a standard of being the "one" to do the rankings and it has been more than a month since the last update, people are going to become anxious. People should maybe ask a little more politely, and maybe both sides get what they want. BTW, I'm fresh out of "chill pills". I ran out of them in the 90's! Lol

Hey Ranger.  You set the standard.  We are just use to superior output. 

I for one am glad I didn't start the rankings thing. 

P.S.  I would also put the rankings on hold when my sons are wrestling.  Family out-ranks :P  rankings every time. 

Yeah, the big difference between these rankings and the paper delivery is $$$. Last time I checked I made somewhere in the neighborhood of $0/hr for this.

Lol. Fair enough.

Let's be honest, if your a family man, your kids wrestle and everything else going on if life like most of us do we are all very busy. Your not more special than the rest of us are you or more important???

spare me the excuses, take a sense of responsibility OR move on.

• Downvote 2

You think its so easy then you should do it. Ranger has no obligation to do the rankings, and if people continue to be unappreciative or rude as you are being, then it probably turns him off from doing them instead of urging him on. Most sports have entire committees who vote on rankings as a whole, not just one man taking time out of his life to analyze the dozens of tournaments with hundreds of kids. His responsibility is his own family and team before these rankings. Thank the man, don't pester him.

You've never done this for the money. You do it because you love the sport  and your knowledge and breakdowns far exceed of what other including myself try to do. Last year we had a comittee of coaches and everything else and you single handidly out did us lol.... Your rankings set the standards so to speak however I do know your involvement with the middle schools is your passion and you get rest then fire up for regionals and state etc. I look forward to seeing what you put out and certainly appreciate everything you mean to this sport. Thanks

We went through this same discussion last year.  There is no easy solution, because Ranger is heavily involved with wrestling, like many of us.  It does no good to "motivate" by being hateful.  Ranger's rankings are the standard, and they will continue to be.  If the powers that be want something different, then I guess they should create this new thing.  Until then, we get feedback on the teams when the rankings arrive, and hopefully we get to see them once per month.  If there are particular match-ups we are interested in, then we should check trackwrestling.com to see those results.  If the rankings are valuable to the state, then maybe the KHSAA or KYWCA should consider paying Ranger a stipend to do them.   

I can tell you this is a huge undertaking. We put together a committee last year to do this but the research involved is overwhelming. Not to mention you take the time to do it and most of the time it gets criticized about how the number 15 guy beat the number 13 guy and how could we miss it. Ranger does a great job. Would more rankings for the fans be good? Absolutely. anyone with the time want to take this on?

I think to put together a list is not that difficult.  However to put together a list like ranger does is a different story.  The time and research he puts in to make such an accurate list is something else.  Not to mention that he does this for both high school and middle school.  I think we should also remember he is the dealing a few other responsibilities that might put the rankings down the list of priorities

Job

Father

Husband

Head Coach of the 4 time defending middle school state champs!!!

President of MS state association

The multiple emails he receives daily about this kid beat that kid

He says it all the time.  Feel free to post your own rankings if you would like.

So thank you for the all the past and present rankings you provide us with.

Yeah, the big difference between these rankings and the paper delivery is $$$. Last time I checked I made somewhere in the neighborhood of $0/hr for this.

I think everyone is in agreement that Ranger does an excellent job. Therefore, I move that we double his salary. 

I think everyone is in agreement that Ranger does an excellent job. Therefore, I move that we double his salary.

I see what u did there!! Hahaha!

The real problem is he knows his home team is about to win , if he gives them the nod everyone gets mad if he doesn't everyone gets mad ,he should just let everyone guess lol

Wait till state duals in a few days there will be more info on who should be where ????

Let's be honest, if your a family man, your kids wrestle and everything else going on if life like most of us do we are all very busy. Your not more special than the rest of us are you or more important???

spare me the excuses, take a sense of responsibility OR move on.

I sincerely hope this is sarcasm.

If not, this post is crap.

Rankings are a huge undertaking if you care about getting the information correct.  Ranger has done a great job for years and I hope he keeps doing rankings.  Last year, I put out a top 10 and it took forever to put together.  I felt knowlegable about three weight classes this year (138. 145, 170), so I put my own rankings out again.  I'm sure Ranger could careless if anyone post what there ramkings are for Regions or weight classes.  So, I will continue posting my rankings and everyone else should as well.  I will continue looking forward to comparing my rankings to the ones Ranger post.

Why don't we help him with the rankings? We start a thread for every weight class and place the top 20 kids(or more) in there. Then we can say wrestler X has beat Wrestler Y 2 out of 3 times and so forth. It would cut some of Ranger's work load. I know we won't agree, but it would give Ranger some info to go on...

I think it help us all to be more knowledgeable about the weight classes... 

I think Ranger does a great job. Rankings reardless who does them are never going to please every one all the time.

Ranger's Rankings have been the best I have seen for the state and I'm guessing most fans truly appreciate his effort and dedication.

I think we have been lucky he has done it this long.

Doesn't sound like hes getting rich doing it. Maybe its time to find some sponsors for his rankings to help offset his time and trouble.