Sign in to follow this  
ontherise

Predictions for Region 3

So does anyone have any predictions for Region 3? Will BC take it again this year? Who is takin the regional title from their respected wieght classes.  Will PRP or Desales be in the running this year??

Give me some feedback.

So does anyone have any predictions for Region 3? Will BC take it again this year? Who is takin the regional title from their respected wieght classes.  Will PRP or Desales be in the running this year??

Give me some feedback.

I see Bullit Central, PRP, and Desales bein' top three [in no particular order]. I don't really see BC takin' it this year, though.

I heard some talk about a guy from Kansas or somethin' that is now goin' to Valley and is at 40-45. Has anyone else heard anything like this? If it's true, who is he and what all has he acomplished wrestling wise?

we appreciate your opinion hardknox but lets stay on topic her which is "predictions for region 3" not "opinions on region 3" if you want to talk about how much region 3 does or does not suck then start another topic aight???

preciate it

don't get mad because someone finally has spoken the truth!

region 3 is weak. Put regions 3 best vs any other regions best and region will get murked!

but off that who do i think will win it either desales or bullitt central!

I am not mad that you "spoke the truth" and I am not denying that region 3 is not up to point compared to othe regions, but whats your point??? Are you trying to rub it in?? If anything you should be supportive of Region 3! But as far as the overall winner, I hope DeSales wins it,  but it will be close between BC, DeSales, PRP, and Southern.

I agree, Region 3 has been beat up on enough on this forum.  And this topic is not discussing how they will fare against the rest of the state.  I have been a coach and referee in Region 3 and I can say from experience that there are a lot more kids in west jefferson county that are working hard to step it up.  I don't know if it will happen this season, but if the younger guys pick up on it and start working harder and they can get some youth programs feeding into the schools, they will improve

hardknox07 when did fort knox have a state champion????? i think wait i know southern had one last year so team wise not that store but peaple wise there are some good kids

did anybody come directly at southern and the last time Knox had one was 1990!

so what wow!

big whoop you happy you had one last year but you aren't this year!

with your bright orange shoes and your teams colors are purple and white good one buddy!

lol ranger layin down the law. soo ne wayz bak on topic, the BC duals were pretty interesting and i no that i said i wanted to wrestle the out of city schools that we don't see too much, but once i was there i was like "man i want a piece of them!!" lol i was surprised to see mills wrestle for the JV all stars team to. southern135 how did u and trey king finish?? i no prp was looking good and doss was looking much better than i thought they would! we (meaning desales) weren't too happy about how we performed.  some of us weren't as in shape as we thought we should be and i def. wasn't happy with my technique but overall we did all rite.  we had a frosh (nick williams) that performed way better than we expected, and wentworth was happy that he beat John hardins 215 (who he reminded us all today at practice about 10 times) was ranked 13th. but ya how did you all feel about your individual and team performances???

Overall, from what I saw, I think B.C. definitely looked the best.  There is no team in Region 3 that is stacked top to bottom.  I know that's not a surprise to anyone.  That's not saying there aren't some tough kids though.  However, B.C. looked the closest to having a complete team.  PRP looked fairly decent and I thought DeSales had some tough wrestlers.  I was impressed with DeSales 215.  He's a workhorse and will give Nickel from Doss some trouble this year.  I still think Nickel is better but the gap between the two is closer.  As for Southern, I didn't get to see much of them so I can't form an opinion.  Doss looked fairly decent in some weight classes (119, 130, 135, 140, 189, and 215).  Their 130, 135 and 140 will all wrestle down a class from Saturday.  If their 145-171 keep improving, they might be difficult to handle but that's a big if.  Anyway, it's way too early to tell who's looking good and who's not.  There's still a lot of season left and time to improve.  Good luck to everyone.

We [PRP] had some trouble at the duals. There were some guys who just didn't perform to their potential. I didn't do as well as I would have wanted to because of something I did the night before which brought me from weighing 145 Friday night to weighing 153 Saturday mornin'. I'm gonna be wrestling 52 for most of our region matches this season but i'll be weighing in at 45. Can't wait to wrestle Walls at 52. Just gotta stop doin' stupid stuff on off days.

lol ranger layin down the law. soo ne wayz bak on topic, the BC duals were pretty interesting and i no that i said i wanted to wrestle the out of city schools that we don't see too much, but once i was there i was like "man i want a piece of them!!" lol i was surprised to see mills wrestle for the JV all stars team to. southern135 how did u and trey king finish?? i no prp was looking good and doss was looking much better than i thought they would! we (meaning desales) weren't too happy about how we performed.  some of us weren't as in shape as we thought we should be and i def. wasn't happy with my technique but overall we did all rite.  we had a frosh (nick williams) that performed way better than we expected, and wentworth was happy that he beat John hardins 215 (who he reminded us all today at practice about 10 times) was ranked 13th. but ya how did you all feel about your individual and team performances???

lol...wentworth did beat him but it was glenn frost not jesse kerrison....so he wasnt ranked at 215..but he did wrestle good this weekend....

i cant wait till region this year because i have a lot to make up for from last year... i shouldnt have lost to jarrod francis, but i just couldnt think straight... it wont happen again this year though... :lol:

wow that sux! well i'm not going to be the one to tell wentworth that lol we'll let his confidence stay boosted!!! but i am excited that the season is really under way and we get to start dualing other schools in the region. i no we wrestle prp and iroquois on wed dec 13. and that is the first heads up dual we have this season. but ya are there going to be any Region 3 placers at KOB??????  if so, what weights??

hey

Overall, from what I saw, I think B.C. definitely looked the best.  There is no team in Region 3 that is stacked top to bottom.  I know that's not a surprise to anyone.  That's not saying there aren't some tough kids though.  However, B.C. looked the closest to having a complete team.  PRP looked fairly decent and I thought DeSales had some tough wrestlers.  I was impressed with DeSales 215.  He's a workhorse and will give Nickel from Doss some trouble this year.  I still think Nickel is better but the gap between the two is closer.  As for Southern, I didn't get to see much of them so I can't form an opinion.  Doss looked fairly decent in some weight classes (119, 130, 135, 140, 189, and 215).  Their 130, 135 and 140 will all wrestle down a class from Saturday.  If their 145-171 keep improving, they might be difficult to handle but that's a big if.  Anyway, it's way too early to tell who's looking good and who's not.  There's still a lot of season left and time to improve.  Good luck to everyone.

first off this is not hunter  this is marc(130) and i went 3-1 losing to mills in a close match  as for trey i am not going to speak for him so  but i went 3-1