Sign in to follow this  
Bearcats Coach

MIDDLE SCHOOL STATE TOURNAMENT

Coaches

With school being cancelled for many today and some practice cancellations, we will be giving a 1 pound allowance in the morning. So the 70 pounders will be allowed to weigh 73.

Please drive safe in your travels and looking forward to having a great tournament.

See you at State!

Thanks

Coach Roth

Bearcats Wrestling Club

Vice President-Kentucky State Wrestling Association

Could somebody please post the information for the state meet, that includes places, time, etc.  I have looked at KYSWA and there is not much there except hosted by Montgomery Co.  I went to their web site and all it has on the calendar is the state meet.  Thanks

State Tournament Info. Montgomery Co Arena 724 Woodford Dr. Mt. Sterling KY 40353 Early Registration/Check In: Friday night after 6pm at the arena or at the Fairfield Inn where some of the Board Members will be staying. Contact Jason Moore Saturday at 7am. Weigh-Ins: 730am-9am Adult Admissions: $9.00 Kids (Grades 1-12) $5.00 Cooler Fee $15.00 (per cooler)

Alternates will be notified once the Board is aware of a kid not able to make the event.

So therefore, some alternates will need to make the trip to find out Saturday morning if they are in or not in. Its a gamble and I understand this. I'm having three of my alternates make the two hour trip with the unknown.

The HS thread says all Jefferson Co and all Hardin Co schools got all activities cancelled for the weekend and can't host or travel to a tournament. Does this incude the middle schools or are they aloud to go to the middle school state tournament?

Can the board post the bracket updates ASAP. If some alternates get to wrestle i am sure Parents will be on the roads first thing in the morning. Also just heard John Hardin made the trip and is in town. No word yet on central hardin.

Good for those wrestlers. I applaud them. Too bad the people sitting in an office somewhere make decisions that take away a kids hard work, effort and dreams of a state title. I doubt that any of those people would ever understand what is takes to wrestle.

Wow that stinks if it does pertain to the middle school kids

That is the biggest reason that many of the wrestling clubs are chartered and each wrestler has a USAW cards. KHSAA does not govern MS/Youth Wrestling events. They are sanctioned by USA Wrestling and carry there own liability insurance. The only portion that USAW cannot control is school transportation. This is up to the parents to get them to the event if they so choose

Good for those wrestlers. I applaud them. Too bad the people sitting in an office somewhere make decisions that take away a kids hard work, effort and dreams of a state title. I doubt that any of those people would ever understand what is takes to wrestle.

I feel awful for any kid who earned his way there but couldn't compete.

If a school team goes in bad weather and God forbid an accident happens, parents ad lawyers will line up to attack the administration. Their hands are tied.